One.

"Ah! Delaney! So glad that you have the time to give our new student here a tour

"Ah! Delaney! So glad that you have the time to give our new student here a tour. I trust that you will give Mr. Diaz a warm welcome to our school."

Miguel watched as a girl wearing a multi-colored sweater and blue jeans with white shoes that had colorful doodles on them walked into the principal's office. She had a light smile on her face, and an aura that just screamed a nice person. He gave an internal sigh of relief. 

Delaney turned to the man who was sat at his desk, and gave a bright smile. "You can always count on me, sir. Come on, new kid, this is the only time I can skip English so I want to make the most of it."

He let out a surprised yelp as she looped her arm through his, and dragged him out the door. 

"I know Principal Ross wants me to boast about how great West Valley High is, but, I always go for honesty, so let me tell you that this school isn't anything special. It's just like any other high school out there," Delaney explained as they walked down the empty halls, the exceptions being those few kids who had a free period or were skipping class. 

Miguel nervously chuckled, not expecting her to be so comfortable with him already to hug his arm. His his free hand, he dug into his pocket and pulled out a poorly folded up piece of paper. He then handed it to her, to which she took it out of curiosity. "It's my schedule. Think you can give me any advice on any of them?"

She hummed, eyes skimming over the paper. "Sorry, buddy. Looks like you weren't so lucky with your tour guide. I'm only a freshman. But, my brother and his best friend are sophomores too, and I can tell you that your math teacher is an absolute piece of work."

"Why?" he furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Well, I think hearing my brother breakdown in the next room is tell enough," Delaney winced as she remembered hearing Demetri wail over a conversation he had with the teacher. 

"Oh," Miguel awkwardly took the paper back. "What about the people here? Is everyone nice?"

Delaney had to stifle a laugh. "If you consider witnessing someone getting their head dunked in the toilet every time you walk into the bathroom nice, then yeah. Everyone's nice."

He couldn't help but laugh at the girl's words. It was obvious that she was the type who loved to the talk. Not the Miguel was complaining, he would have definitely preferred a talkative guide rather than a quiet one. 

"So, are you new to the area or did you just transfer schools?" the two turned a corner while getting eyed by a hall monitor. 

"Oh, I'm new. I moved here not too long ago."

"You liking it so far?"

Miguel shrugged. "It's alright. The weather's but haven't had any chance to make friends yet."

Delaney cheekily grinned. "That's the part where you're lucky you got put with me. We're one now, new kid. Come on, let me show you to your locker."