Thirteen.

TW ! : jordan lyle

TW ! : jordan lyle

"I still can't believe he stood there with a straight face and made us do that."

"Yes!" Delaney exclaimed, sighing as Hawk combed his hand through her hair. Her head was resting on his lap while they laid sprawled out on his bed.

She, Aisha, Hawk, and Miguel had gone over to Hawk's house to watch some movie that Sensei Lawrence wanted them to watch, but Aisha had to leave earlier into the movie for a family dinner, so it was now just the three of them.

"I can't believe it either. He actually humiliated us even though he was the one who encouraged us to give it our all? Who gives a crap about Manbun? Ugh! I want to sucker punch him in the face."

Miguel patted her leg in sympathy. "I'll hold him down if you want."

She looked down at him with a slight pout. "I'd really like that."

Hawk scoffed. "What's his problem? I mean, he tells us "no mercy," but then when we listen we're punished? And for Robby Keene of all people? Things aren't adding up."

Miguel nodded his head. "You're definitely not the only one thinking that. Did you see when he ran up to Robby?"

"Yeah...it was a little weird. Since when did Sensei Lawrence and Robby Keene have a connection?" Delaney frowned, propping herself up on the bed with her elbows.

"When he made us to the knuckle push-ups, I went into his office and asked why he suddenly got so pissed when it came to Robby, but he just gave me this speech about mercy and honor," Miguel informed them.

Delaney scoffed. "He's saying that as if he didn't literally tell us to do whatever it took to beat those other dojos. I don't get that man sometimes."

"Should we look more into it? I mean, what if Robby is actually connected to Sensei? If we find out he is, we can call him out on his bullshit and make him apologize for embarrassing us," Hawk sat up against his headboard, glancing over at his two close friends.

"I'm not against it. Maybe we can finally get some answers. Laney? You in?" both of the boys looked at the only girl in the room, seeing the unreadable expression on her face.

She tilted her head, before finally shrugging. "Eh. Why not?"

"What do you think? Shithead One and Shithead Two?"

"I was thinking Mary-Kate and Asshat," Aisha inputted, making them all snicker.

One of them spoke up, "Well, I'm Chris ⎯ "

"Did I say you could speak?" Hawk quickly cut him off. Delaney hid her smile behind her hand.

She then lightly smacked him in the chest with the back of her hand. "Alright, no need to be so mean. It's just, no one here is gonna care to learn your actual names, and Sensei Lawrence is gonna give you a nickname anyways.