Twenty.

✸TW! : jordan lyle

✸TW: jordan lyle

"Hey, how was being back at home?"

At the sound of the dojo door opening, Hawk immediately spun around to see Delaney. The previous night, she had finally agreed to go back home after her parents agreed to drop the topic of her pressing charges against Jordan. 

She made her way over to him, and tucked herself against his side. "Surprisingly, it was good. No talks of the ex, and we had a family movie night. I think things are good for me to be back."

He smiled down at her. "Well, I'm glad that everything's fine, but, I'm gonna miss waking up to you."

Delaney gave him a teasing look, a nudged his side. "Oh, you're not getting rid of me that easily. I will be staying over regularly."

Hawk gave a small laugh, squeezing one of her cheeks between his fingers before wrapping an arm around her. 

"Is Sensei Lawrence back yet?" Delaney asked as Miguel stepped beside her boyfriend. 

"Yeah, he just came back. He's talking with Sensei Kreese in the office right now."

"Okay, okay. How's he doing?"

Miguel just sighed. "He says he's fine but, I think he still needs some more time."

"Of course, his friend just died. I mean, if you or Aisha or Tory died tomorrow I'd be a mess for the rest of my life," Delaney frowned, not liking the thought of losing her best friends. 

"Everybody, get your gis on. Training starts in five minutes," Johnny walked out of his office, Kreese trailing behind him. 

The three looked at each in confusion, wondering what he was talking about. There were confused mumbles from the other students, which made Johnny confused too. "Yeah, what's wrong?"

They all walked towards him. 

"N ⎯ Nothing's wrong," Miguel reassured. "I just thought we were going to the woods for a special training today."

Johnny, who obviously had no idea about this, turned to Kreese. "What's happening in the woods?"

"Well," Kreese stepped up. "I thought it would be a good time to separate the men from the boys."

Aisha, Tory, and Delaney all raised an eyebrow at him. 

"And the girls too, I suppose."

"How?"

"He told me that we were gonna go to Coyote Creek," Delaney spoke up. Everyone turned to her. "What?"

"Why is he only telling you that?" Tory asked from behind Aisha. 

Delaney shrugged. "No clue. Maybe I'm his favorite."

Johnny huffed, taking a quick glance at his students. "I'm not sure they're ready for that."