Nine.

TW ! : physical abuse/ mentions of abusive relationshipsif this makes you uncomfortable you may skip this chapter

TW : physical abuse/ mentions of abusive relationships
if this makes you uncomfortable you may skip this chapter.

"Coming! Coming!" Delaney rushed down the stairs, the only ones home being her and Demetri. The loud pounding at the door didn't stop until she opened the door, and her eyes widened when she saw who it was. "Jordan?"

His eyes were red, his cheeks were wet, and he was seething with anger. Delaney was frightened by his state, but before she could ask, he barged in without a word. "Jordan!"

He had stormed into the living room, Delaney hot on his trail. "Jordan!"

"Did you fuck Miguel?" he whipped around, teeth clenching together as he looked at her such a strong emotion she had never seen before. 

Delaney's heart was about to beat out of her chest. "What? N ⎯ no! Why would you think that?"

"I saw you guys. Everyone saw you guys! At the party. You walked off somewhere with him and no one knew where you were for a long time," Delaney took notice that his words were blending together. 

"Are you ⎯ " she was a bit scared to ask. "Are you drunk?"

"Answer the question!" he shouted, making her jump. 

She was stood frozen, eyes wide with fear and shock. Her fear only spike when he walk towards her, grabbing her by the shoulders and brought her closer to him. A scared noise left her throat, and her eyes began to tear up. 

"Did you, or did you not fuck him?" he asked in a low and intimidating voice. 

It took a second for words to even be heard, so Delaney shook her head.

"Then what were you guys doing when you walked off alone?"

"We ⎯ " she gasped out a breath. "Sam came to the p ⎯ party. And she and Miguel got into a fight and she brought along that guy from the dinner Miguel saw and he was the guy who stole Demetri's laptop so I got mad too and then I asked him if he wanted to go punch a tree and he said yes. Look!"

Delaney held up her right hand, scratches and red marks on it. "See. I ⎯ I punched a tree."

Jordan stared down at it, face twisting into sadness instead of anger, tears falling onto  the ground. "Why don't I believe you?"

"Jordan," Delaney said in a begging manner. "Please, just ⎯ let me go, and we can talk this out. You're drunk."

"Stop saying that I'm drunk!" he yelled again, and she flinched in his arms, but he didn't notice. "That means you're saying that I'm crazy and that I'm stupid for thinking that."