Six.

Delaney really didn't want to go to Cobra Kai the next day, but Miguel was practically begging her and she didn't want to disappoint him

Delaney really didn't want to go to Cobra Kai the next day, but Miguel was practically begging her and she didn't want to disappoint him. Jordan reassured her that he would try to check up on Eli since they lived right next to each other but he hadn't told her anything and she was anxious to ask.

"Three more absences, Sensei," Miguel announced.

"Bunch of pussies," Aisha spat out, and Delaney rolled her eyes.

Yeah, a bunch of pussies who didn't want to be demeaned every damn second, she thought.

"No, it's my fault," Johnny admitted. "Since you joined Cobra Kai, I have been hard on you. I've called you names. I've humiliated you. Some of you I've hit. And for that, I don't apologize."

Delaney raised her eyebrows.

"Cobra Kai is about strength. If you're not strong on the inside, you can't be strong on the outside. And right now, you're all weak. And I know that because I was you. I used to have no friends. Used to be the weirdo kid. Not that weird. I hooked up with babes and all, but...The point is, I wasn't always the badass sensei I am today. Just like a cobra, I had to shed my loser skin to find my true power."

"This is one heck of a monologue," Delaney muttered.

"I know," Miguel muttered back.

"And you guys will too."

The door bell then rang, signally someone had just entered. "Welcome to Cobra Kai."

The first person Delaney saw was Jordan, who was wearing a smug and cocky smirk on his face as he had his arm around someone. Her eyes moved to that someone, and her heart stopped before it started rapidly beating again. "Oh my god."

"Eli, what happened?" Miguel asked.

"He's flipping the script," Jordan answered, patting Eli on the chest.

Delaney couldn't take her eyes off of him, the sound of bird singing and angelic music playing softly in her mind. Like a Disney movie. Hearts might as well be coming out of her eyes.

"Wait. Are you the kid with the lip? Nice cut, bro. You see that? Doesn't matter if you're a loser or a nerd or a freak. All that matters is that you become badass."

Eli's eyes made contact with Delaney, who turned away with a shy smile. He smirked to himself.

"Hawk. Fall in."

He kicked off his shoes before stepping onto the mat and placed his hands behind his back. "Fear does not exist in this dojo, does it?"

"Pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?"

"No, Sensei."

"Defeat does not exist in this dojo, does it?"

"No, Sensei."