Fourteen.

TW ! : talks about abusive relationships/talks of abuse

Delaney and Miguel groaned as they mixed the powder cement in with the water, the early sun shining down on them as they did hard work.

The girl was glad that she had worn a hat that day, along with a shirt that she didn't really care about. But she was wearing a good pair of leggings and was really regretting it. No doubt also getting cement all over her favorite pair of pink shoes.

Johnny stopped by the trio, looking over their mixture.

Miguel squinted from the sun. "Sensei, why are we mixing cement?"

"No questions."

"All right."

Delaney sighed as the blonde man walked away, standing up straight a flipped one of her pigtails out of the way. "What is this supposed to do? If he wants us to work out more he should have just said so."

"Yeah. This can't be good for us," Hawk shook his head, shaking in a bit more of the powder cement into the wheel barrow. "Hey. Where were you last night? I thought the three if us were having a sleepover at mine. Did you forget?"

"No," she said after a bit of reluctance, digging her shovel further into the cement. "Just...changed my mind."

"Yeah, well, a little heads up would have been nice. My mom was bugging me about it all night" he scoffed, dumping the rest of the dust.

She glanced at him. Why was she keeping it from him? He was her main source of support after Jordan. He deserves to know. "Jordan visited me last night."

The two boys immediately paused, their body language noticeably changing. "What?"

"Yeah," she nodded, clenching her jaw and continued to mix by herself. "Showed up at my front door when I was watching Grey's Anatomy with Demetri, and practically begged me to talk to him."

"Did you kick his ass?" Miguel asked.

"No," she gave him a look of disappointment. "I should have though. I finally told him that he was a bastard who needed to leave me alone. Maybe he'll get the message this time."

"Why didn't you call me? What did Demetri do?" Hawk rapidly asked.

"Dem decided to take a shit as soon as I opened the door and I didn't want to bother you. Plus, I don't think there's much he could have done anyway."

"Still. You should have called or texted. You don't bother me, Laney. I worry about you," he avoided eye contact, grabbing a hose from the ground and sprayed in more water.

Miguel just watched them with a knowing look.

"I know," Delaney sighed. "Look, if anything happens with Jordan again, I'll call you first. Always."