chapter four : becoming their doll

*ding dong * ding dong* ding dong*

Jade peels open her eyes hearing the incessant chime of the doorbell going off. She ignores it and pulls the blanket over her head, going back to sleep.
She feels the blanket rip off her and her eyes snap open seeing Courtenay Fortney holding it. "What did I say about always keeping your phone on you?"

Jade just stares at her, still unsure if she's dreaming or if Courtenay is really infront of her. "Oh honey, you look like death. Come on we can stop for food on the way." Courtenay tosses Jade's phone it landing on her chest and confirming that she isn't dreaming.

Jade rubs her eyes and yawns, "What do you mean? What time is it?" Courtenay walks to the kitchen as Jade trails behind her "9 am"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Jade rubs her eyes and yawns, "What do you mean? What time is it?" Courtenay walks to the kitchen as Jade trails behind her "9 am". Jade drops her phone on the counter and goes to a cabinet, grabbing a bottle of wine. It's suddenly snatched out of her hands and put back.

"Yeah nope." Courtenay states and hands her a water bottle and Advil.

Jade slumps against the counter and groans, "Courtenay I'm not going anywhere, I want to stay here and fucking cry till I pass out and then repeat."

Courtenay looks at her and sighs, "Come here " and brings Jade into a hug. Jade sniffles as she holds on to Courtenay, trying not to ruin her white suit jacket.

"Okay, I'm gonna give it to you straight honey," Courtenay states. Jade nods and pops an Advil in her mouth and washes it down with water.

"Brink was a pain in my ass and he was a pain for a lot of other people... But he is also loved by many people and so are you. You can't hide in this..." Courtenay looks around at their fancy, luxurious house, "empty house and wither away. Not on my watch."
Jade sighs and looks down.

Courtenay lifts up her chin and looks into her eyes, "You need to show them that you're not his little ballerina anymore. You are a Supe, a ferocious one that helped stop Golden Boy from murdering more people."

Jade shakes her head, "But I didn't stop him... my dad is dead." She whispered.

Courtenay rolls her eyes, "Jade. You know how this world works, the PR, the media, and its system. You've been in it since you were sixteen years old. You made a name for yourself and formed relationships with people in high places. Your dad hid you away from the reality that everyone is a fucking piece of shit, including him. You need to decide if you want to keep being a little girl or grow some tits and become a lethal woman."

Courtenay sees tears swell in Jade's eyes and gets worried that she might actually have to drag her out of the house kicking and screaming. Jade's laugh breaks the silence as she pulls her back into a tight hug. "Thank you for always being a bitch."

STRIKE ME DOWN ❦︎ GEN Vजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें