chapter five : breathe, just breathe

Andre never showed up to his call time or even bothered to pick up his phone. To say Mr.Anderson is livid, was an understatement. Jade, however, was just about done with everything and wanted rot in her bed while she rewatched The Vampire Diaries.

"Where the fuck is your son?" Courtenay asks Mr. Anderson as Jade stands next to her in a robe and her fuzzy slippers.

 Anderson as Jade stands next to her in a robe and her fuzzy slippers

"He's not picking up. I'm sure he's about to be here. He wouldn't miss it." Polarity looks to Jade hoping she can shed some light on why he's late, when he notices the blank look on her face.

"Uh huh, well lose a chair!" Courtenay yells out. "Radio graphics. Now we're gonna have to re-chyron everything. Exclusive interview with the other Guardian of Godolkin."

Jade looks around seeing everyone scramble around to make the last-minute changes. "Still too many fucking syllables," Courtenay mutters and walks off with her assistant.

"Do you know where he could be?" Polarity asks Jade who looks unbothered by her boyfriend's no-show. She just shrugs and watches as Hailey Miller walks onto the set and sits across from Marie.

They begin the interview and Jade notices how frazzled Marie looked in the beginning. She continued watching on one of the monitors.

"Could you repeat the question?" Marie asks

"This is a lot, I know. Golden Boy. The most powerful superhuman on campus, in a murderous frenzy, charging and it was just you and Jade Russo."

Marie freezes

"Shit..." Jade mutters looking towards Courtenay and the other producers.

"I knew we had to stop Golden Boy before he killed more innocent people. It was down to us."

Jade looks away from the monitors, the ache in her chest becoming more painful, and heads back to wardrobe to put on her dress.

Marie finishes her interview and sees everyone except for the one person she hoped could've given her another tip.
Courtenay walks up to her with a smile on her face, "That was done beautifully, good job with the whole tear-eyed, stoic look. Really had us sold."
Marie nods and awkwardly stands there not knowing what she's supposed to do next. "Oh, you can leave now. Feel free to keep the outfit." Courtenay calls out as she goes to talk to the camera operator.

•••

Sonja buttons the back of her dress as she stares at the ground, her heart feels like it is going to burst out of her chest. She inhales deeply and closes her eyes, trying to imagine her dad was on set with her... like last time."