chapter two : bad idea right?

First day of the semester. Jade woke up before Andre like she usually does. She quietly gets out of his bed and heads back to her room. She walks in and sees Luke already awake sitting on their couch, Cate still dead asleep.

Jade sees the distressed look on his face, staring off into the distance. She grabs another one of her fuzzy blankets and steps closer to him, placing it around his shoulders. He grabs her wrist, startled.
"Hey, it's just me. You're okay." Jade softly whispers and Luke releases his grip on her.
"I'm sorry," Luke says wrapping the blanket tighter around himself. "Nightmare"

Jade nods "Do you want to talk about it? Cate's a heavy sleeper she won't wake up."

Luke chuckles and nods silently. Jade sits down on the floor in front of him. Silently waiting for him to speak when he's ready. "I'm in this forest... there's trees everywhere blocking my path and there's this voice calling out to me. Asking for help, for me to save them. I-I don't-" Luke stutters out and Jade puts a hand on his knee. "It's okay, take a breath. You don't have to continue."

Luke takes a deep breath in and exhales locking eyes with her. "I don't recognize the voice, but it's almost as if I know where they are. Like something's missing. I used to get this nightmare once in a while, but now I get it almost every time I try to sleep." Luke states with tears in his eyes. He sniffles and shakes his head, "You probably think I'm crazy."

"No. Luke, I don't think you're crazy. I'm always here to listen. Whenever you need someone, I'll be there. Every time you have the nightmare." Jade tells him softly smiling at him.
Luke nods, "I know you are, we're family. I love you Russo."

"Love ya too Golden Boy"

Jade walked Luke to his room and made sure he was okay before leaving

Jade walked Luke to his room and made sure he was okay before leaving. She got ready for the day and went to her first class arriving there early. She had her headphones in listening to music when Jordan came and sat in the seat next to her. Jade pulls out an earbud handing it to them and they put it in their ear, listening together. More people came in and finally so did the professor. Jordan gave her back her earbud and she put them away as the professor walked to the front of the room, beginning class.

"Hello everyone, welcome to digital marketing."

An hour later Jade and Jordan left the class walking out of the Crimefighting building.

"I'll see you tonight!" Jordan calls out before heading to the student union. Jade gives them a thumbs up as she sees Andre talking to the same girl from yesterday.

"A few of us are going on a... field trip off campus. Golden boy, myself, a few others. You should come. My girlfriend will be excited to meet you."