chapter fourteen : betrayal

Jade could hear the helicopter arriving as she made it to the front of the Crimefighting building. All of the trustees and board members ran out waving their arms and screaming for the help. Her eyes scanned the crowd, she spotted Cate walking up to a student and touching them with her bare hands. The guy leaps up and punches one of the helicopter's blades off. The trustees scream in horror as they see their one way out spin in circles with smoke coming off it and falling towards the ground fast.

The helicopter stopped spinning and was slowly lowered in one piece... it was Andre. She sees Marie talking to him and scoffs turning back to the trustees.

"Shut the hell up and get back inside!" Jade yells at the group of quivering adults. Just as she said that, something went off inside causing the glass to shatter and the ground level of the building was now engulfed in flames.

"Fuck!" Jade exclaimed and looked around for a new plan when Jordan ran up to her. Another rouge supe runs at the group and they all start to scream hysterically, again.

Jade raises her hand and electrocutes the supe. He falls to the ground with smoke coming off his back. Jordan glances at Jade appreciatively and motions to the helicopter.

"Let's go." Jade states as she looks at Barrett, making sure she's following.

"Get to the helicopter!" Jordan yells at the other trustees frozen in their spot.

"No, It's fucking grounded!" Professor Bourke yelled back at them

"It's fucking enclosed. Get in. Do you want to stay here?" Jordan exclaims

"No" Bourke cries out as he follows Jade and Ashley.

"Fucking go! Hurry up!" Jade yells at everyone flashing her glowing eyes. They finally start picking up the pace as everyone rushes in the helicopter. Jade slams the doors closed and locks eyes with Barrett. She was about to enter the front when she got blasted back. The trustees scream watching her go flying. Mid-air, Jade flicks out her wrist and shoots electricity back to hit whoever blasted her.

She landed on the grass and rolled her body into a crouch, electricity crackling at her fingertips. "This is so fucking stupid." Jade growls as she raises her head. The rouge supe with laser beams for eyes got up and started sprinting to her. Electricity gathers in Jade's right hand as she stands and cracks her neck. The supe doesn't make it within 10 feet of her before Jade hurls a ball of electricity at them, slowly vaporizing them to ashes.

Jade looks around and sees Sam and Andre fighting. Cate was standing near them, watching them before rushing off somewhere else. Sam kept pummeling Andre and held him up by his throat. Jade could see that Andre was losing and she definitely knew Cate did something to Sam. Her face twitches in anger and storms up to the both of them. Jade pushes Andre back, out of his hold and grips Sam's face.

"Sam!" Jade yelled looking into his eyes. She saw empty blue eyes staring back at her, the same eyes as Luke's. Sam rips her hands off his face and punches her back, continuing to stalk toward Andre who is still gasping for air on the ground.

Jade coughs and leans on her arm, "Sam! Stop!" She forces herself to stand and steps in Sam's way, "This isn't you. This is Cate! It's Cate, remember!"

Sam walks closer to her, "I promised Luke I would protect you and I still am... trust me." Jade pleads with her hand up. Sam stared at with a blank look in his face as he intertwined his hand with hers, but his grip kept getting tighter.

Jade looked at him, "Sam, please." Her face remained somber as she felt all the bones in her hand being crushed and snapped to pieces. "I don't want to hurt you, not you." She cried as he raised his other hand and gripped her throat.