chapter seven : bad habits

"I found the tracker!" Marie calls out, "There's blood on it".
Andre, Cate, Marie, and Jordan stood in an open grassy field, looking around the huge crater in the ground. In the middle of the night, right after the gala.

As Andre and Marie argue about Emma, Jordan gets fed up with how bad this could potentially be. "Why the fuck did you not tell Jade about this cluster fuck! She deserves to know, even if Brink is the supposed bad guy."

Andre rubs the back of his neck and glances at Cate. "There's uh- something we haven't told you guys yet."

Marie and Jordan look at each other confused and wait for Andre to spit it out.

"When Luke found out about Brink and his brother being alive...he thought Jade was a part of all of this too. We don't know which side she's on." Andre states while looking at Marie and Jordan.

Jordan bursts out laughing as the rest of the group stares at them like they've grown a second head. "You're serious...you think Jade, your girlfriend, who was basically a sister to Luke; knows about The Woods and is working with them!? Are you fucking crazy!" Jordan yells at Andre and Cate.

Cate rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. "She's Brink's daughter. Jade knows people at Vought and the board members."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean she would do the things you guys are accusing her of." Marie cuts in

"Not telling her is big a fucking mistake." Jordan exclaims

All their phones went off announcing the new student rankings.
"Andre's number one, you're three, and  I'm still five." Jordan says slowly looking up from their phone at Marie and Andre. "Man, your dad must be pulling some serious strings to keep you as number one." Jordan spat at Andre.

"Rankings really!? We got bigger fucking problems" Andre yells

"Says number one" Jordan says glaring at him.

"But you're right, we do have problems. Turns out the school has a fucking Mengele Health Clinic. We don't know who's in on it. One thing I do know is that Jade isn't a part of this, I'd bet my life on it. If..if Brink was, maybe other professors, maybe Dean Shetty. But you guys are gonna get a green van and a talking dog and fucking solve it? You're just gonna end up like that fucking cricket." Jordan rants

"Emma" Marie corrects "the lost girl who's in deep shit, her name is Emma."

Jordan looks to Andre, "You and your fuck buddy should re-evaluate if it's worth it, messing around with something bigger than all of us. And if you don't tell Jade, I will." Jordan threatens and walks away from the group heading back to the car.

•••

Jade woke up again, this time, it was just Steve left in her bed and it was now noon

Jade woke up again, this time, it was just Steve left in her bed and it was now noon. A note from Tyler sat on her nightstand.

Gotta run, morning class. Had fun last night :) -Ty