chapter thirteen : blow your mind

Cate and Sam freed the other supes held against their will from The Woods. They were passing the empty cells when Sam stopped. NW - WING 4. He looked in seeing his old room. His beanbag chair was still against the wall. Multiple small craters in the walls made from his fists. He slowly walked in tracing his finger against the metal door.

"Hey, Sam."

Sam looked up hearing Luke's voice, he was leaning on his bed smiling at him.

Sam closed his eyes and sighed, "Luke."

"Watcha doin'."

"Helping supes," Sam replied

"Hurting humans?" Luke called out.  "That's what you wanted," Sam spoke looking at his older brother.

"No, man. I hurt one person once. Then I killed myself from the guilt."  Sam rolled his eyes listening to him speak. "And what about your tiny friend Emma? Or Jade?"

"She's not here. Both of them aren't. You left us, Jade's not the same. You're not really here. You killed yourself." Sam exclaimed "Leaving me in this cell!"

Luke looked at his younger brother sympathetically, "Sam, I know you don't want to do this."

Sam walked backward and slammed the metal door closed, sealing Luke inside the cell.

"Sam!" "Sam!" Luke yelled as Sam looked at the door one last time and walked away.

•••

Jade returned to campus after leaving the tower. Trying to make it to her only class of the day at the Crimefighting building. She was shuffling things through her bag when she accidentally bumped into Rufus who was making a TikTok.

"What the fuck, Jade! Now I have to start from the beginning." Rufus complained as he slipped off his headphones.

She chuckled, "Sorry, I'm running late for class." He scoffed and was about to put his headphones back on when someone started yelling at them trying to get their attention.

"Excuse me! Hey! Excuse me! Hello."

Jade turned to see a sweaty dude wearing a matching grey sweater and sweatpants. Her eyes widened slightly at his appearance. "Are you a supe?" The guy asks looking at both her and Rufus.

"No shit, asshole," Rufus remarks as he walks away. Jade nods as well and watches as the guy walks up to Professor Ibarra. She shakes her head in annoyance and heads into the building.  All of sudden she hears someone screaming at the top of their lungs. Professor Ibarra's body fell to the ground with her face melted off. The guy who just spoke to her and Rufus ran off attacking more people.

"What the hell?!" Jade whispers in shock and immediately pulls out her phone. She watches the live stream of Social Media Jeff's head exploding off his body in front of the Media Arts Center. All the students around her start panicking and running off.

Jade had her phone against her ear as she rushed pass the panicking students and faculty. She was trying to reach Marie, Jordan, Cate, Emma, anyone. It was all going straight to voicemail.
"You fucking imbeciles. What the fuck did you guys do!" Jade yelled angrily into her phone and hung up.