chapter eight : black out days

Jade laid in bed, watching the sun beginning to set. She heard knocking on her door but didn't care to know who was on the other side. Wrapped in her blanket, she scrolled through old pictures on her phone. Pictures of her and Luke, her dad, of Andre and her together, smiling... happy. Was it all a lie?

She shut off her phone and glanced at the pointe shoes hanging out of her gym bag

She shut off her phone and glanced at the pointe shoes hanging out of her gym bag. Jade realized that she hadn't been to the studio since her dad died...when her dad was murdered by Luke.
When Luke killed himself...

When she found Andre next to Cate naked in bed...

When her biological dad decided to reappear and then disappear like a fucking ghost...

Her lips tremble as she tries to hold in her cries. She's tired of crying all the fucking time. She's tired of trying to be okay. The knocking on her door hadn't stopped it was becoming more persistent. She sends a surge of electricity to the metal door, shocking whoever is pounding on it.

"Fuck! Jade open the fucking door, this is serious."

Jade didn't move an inch and continued to stare at her wall of old polaroid pictures. A few minutes passed and the knocking finally stopped. Reaching her arm over to her nightstand, she grabbed the vial of medicine. It was almost empty. Jade sighs and sits up to administer another round of drops to her eyes. The bluish liquid was about to hit her eye when her door slammed open. Andre, Jordan, Marie, Emma, and Cate storm into her room.

Andre walks up to her and sees the vial in her hands and a drop of the liquid on her cheek, missing her eye.
"What the fuck are you doing!" He yells and rips the vial out of her hand and throws it against the wall. The vial shatters on impact and the last of her medicine is wasted.  

Jade stared at him emotionless, "What do you guys want now? Here to see if I'm good...or evil?" She says sarcastically glaring at everyone.

Andre scoffs and points to the shattered glass on the floor, "You know what that shit does to you. Why are you taking it again!?"

"Jade you need to come with us, please... it's important," Marie says eagerly ignoring Andre's outbursts.

Jade chuckles, "I'm not going anywhere." and points to the door. "You know the way out." She lies back down and turns her back towards them.

Jordan shoves past everyone grabs a hold of her, and tosses Jade over their shoulder.

"What the fuck!" Jade yells as she hangs upside down and everyone walks out of her room following after them.

Emma marvels at Jade's room and her stuff. She quickly grabs Jade's shoes as they walk out of the dorms and to Jordan's car. On the car ride to Dr. Cardosa's house, Marie explains to Jade what is happening and that Sam is Luke's younger brother. Jade sat in the back, silent, as Emma rattled on catching her up on where she disappeared to.