chapter nine : backstabbing bitch

Andre got up from his chair and got in Jordan's face. "Why the fuck would you have sex with her!?" Andre exclaims

"I don't know, I can't remember!" Jordan yells as they step back with their hands up in the air.

"Okay let's just calm down," Cate tells them and pulls Andre away from Jordan. Andre scoffs and brushes off Cate's hand on his arm.

"Now you're worried, 'cause I slept with your ex-girlfriend." Jordan snaps back at him. "And by the way, you have no room to talk because you cheated on her while you guys were still in a relationship! You don't get to act like the overprotective, jealous ex."

Andre stays silent and looks at them bewildered, "What the fuck are you talking about! I didn't cheat on her- we didn't break up."

Jordan laughs, "Yes you did. Oh, this is great. You don't remember, let me refresh your memory for you. Jade found you and her...." They point to Cate who stands next to Andre dumbfounded. "The morning after you guys had sex. After her father died, you left to go fuck her friend."

Andre stares at Jordan speechless and immediately pulls out his phone. He tries to call Jade, but it goes straight to voicemail. He also sees the many notifications on his social media calling him a cheater and the public scrutinizing him. Comments and posts about a new beau for Jade Russo, people shipping the new guy and her together.

Andre looks up from his phone at Jordan, "What the fuck is going on."

•••

Steve took her to a diner that was nearby

Steve took her to a diner that was nearby. Jade sat in the booth across from him and stared at the menu, not bothering to open it. "Trying to force yourself to remember won't do anything." He spoke breaking her concentration.

Jade sighs and rests her head in her hands. "This is infuriating." He laughs and the waitress comes over to their table to get their order.

"So what's the plan?" Jade asks

"Rufus" Steve spoke casually.

"Rufus?" she repeats incredulously "He only uses his powers for personal gain and is a little shit when sober."

Steve smiles at her, "He'll help, he owes me a favor."

Jade stares at him, "You're serious. Why are you helping me?"

"How are we supposed to have fun if you can't remember anything? And I would be pissed if someone fucked with my head too."