chapter eleven : bloodshed & violence

They all ran until they reached the area outside of Brink's office. Jade held herself up on a desk trying to wrap her head around seeing Luke again.

"Seriously, Andre?" Marie broke the silence as they looked behind them to see if Luke was following. "You're that guy?"

"What, you don't think I feel, like a piece of shit?" he replies glancing over to Jade.

Jordan scoffs and Marie walks towards Jade who is staring at the office doors. Marie puts her hand gently on Jade's shoulder, "Did you know?"

Jade pulls away from her touch and looks at her grimly, "Doesn't matter anymore."

"Stop fucking lying to me!"
"Luke, Calm down."
"No, I'm not gonna calm down unless you give me some answers."

Everyone could hear the yelling from the other side. In the corner of her eye, she saw someone move past all of them and lean against the door. It was Jordan in their female form... another memory.

"Oh shit!" Andre muttered as they watched a past version of Jordan listen through the doors.

"Do we think Cate's in there?" Marie asks

"She isn't... this isn't Cate's memory. It's mine." Jordan responded shakily.

Jade could hear the argument becoming more intense as she slowly stepped closer to the doors.

"How. How the fuck is it yours?" Andre whispered as they watched the other Jordan begin to knock, "Professor Brink, you okay?"

They opened the door and they walked in seeing Luke angrily confronting Brink about something.

"What the fuck did you just do! Where did they take Jade? Where's Sam? I want to see him right now." Luke demanded as Brink backed away with an empty syringe in his hands.

"What's going on?" Jordan asked

Luke turned towards them, "He's a fucking liar!"

Jade bit the inside of her cheek, uneasy, as she watched the memory unfold.

"Tell me everything." Luke seethes cornering Brink to the window.

"It's alright, buddy." Brink motions with his eyes to Jordan for the gas canister in the cabinet. "It's alright. I'll tell you everything, just take it easy."

"You're so full of shit," Luke spoke as his eyes ignite in flames.

"Breathe," Brink says calmly and Jordan immediately puts the mask on Luke causing him to pass out on the floor.