Ch.7: Suspicions

Jason POV

The next day arrived, and I couldn't shake the feeling that Cinder, Emerald and Mercury were not who they say they are. I've seen people like them before, but what reason could they have for infiltrating Beacon? I decided to inform Ozpin about my suspension.

Taking the elevator to Ozpin's office, I arrive to see him enjoying a cup of coffee while looking out the window. He then turned to me.

Ozpin: Jason, my boy. To what do I owe the pleasure of a visit?

Jason: Ozpin, I've got something to report.

Ozpin: Ok. Is everything all right?

Jason: I don't know. Do you have the records of all the students who transferred from Haven?

Ozpin: I do. Why do you ask?

Jason: I need you to look into the legitimacy of three transfers. Mercury Black, Emerald Sustrai, and Cinder Fall.

Ozpin: I see. Is there a reason why you suspect these three in particular.

Jason: Nothing solid. Yet. But, Emerald Sustrai is a pickpocket. And if she were really a huntress in training, you'd think she wouldn't do things like that. Besides that, it's just my gut feeling. The air around them feels...ominous.

Ozpin: I see. Well, I trust your judgement, so I'll look into these three.

Jason: Thank you, Ozpin. And one more thing, if you find anything incriminating about them, don't go after them. They think they're unnoticed, and if they feel like they're suspicious at all, they might just run for it.

Ozpin: Very well, my boy. I won't say a thing. But, even if they did run, *smirks* I have no doubt that you'd catch them.

Jason: Thank you, Ozpin.

With that, I left Ozpin's office to head to class.

When I arrived at Professor Port's class, it was the same ol' thing. Port telling stories about his exploits and passing them off as lectures. Class was just about over, when I noticed Jaune was trying to talk to Weiss. Weiss, as usual, was ignoring him. After class was over, I went out into the hallway, when team RWBY came up to me.

Ruby: Hey, Jason. Are you gonna stop by to discuss our plans?

Jason: Of course. I'll stop by in a few. Just gotta get my gear first.

Ruby: Great! See ya then!

I then left them to go get my gear. Once I got to my dorm, I looked at my desk and saw my mask with a note next to it. I picked up the note and read it.

I saw that look in your eye this morning, and something told me that you might need this. All I ask, is that you be careful and return safely.

-Sincerely, Ozpin

I couldn't help but smile after reading the note. That's when I heard the sound of metal footsteps. I turn to see Wolf looking up at me.

Wolf: Are you going back to Vale?

Jason: Yeah. Something big is gonna happen, and I don't know when. I'd like you to join me, if you want, that is.

Wolf: Nothing would make me happier.

I reach out my hand to Wolf, and he sits and puts his metal paw into mine.

Jason: Thanks, buddy.

I grabbed my mask and put it away, and strapped Murasama on my hip, before making my way to team RWBY's dorm.