Ch.15: The Battle for Beacon

3rd Person POV

Yang and Mercury were about to face off, and everyone was cheering for Yang. Jason, however, was concerned. He had full confidence that Yang could win, but with Mercury, he had no idea what kind of tricks he would use.

Yang had won, but at the end of the fight, she had "attacked" Mercury. Everyone was shocked at Yang's actions, and the stadium began to boo her.

Both Teams RWBY and JNPR were shocked, but Jason wasn't. Without hesitation, he drew Murasama, and jumped on to the stage. He landed right next to Yang and pointed his sword at all the AK's surrounding her.

Jason: *glares* Back off, you good for nothing tin cans!

Yang was looking around scared, then looked at Jason.

Yang: Jason, I-I didn't--

Jason: I know, Yang. I know you didn't do that on purpose.

Jason then shot a glare at both Emerald and Mercury that sent chills down their spines.

AK: Jason Riley, stand down. Yang Xiao Long is under arrest for assaulting contestant Mercury Black. Stand down now, or be placed under arrest as well.

Jason: I'd like to see you try.

Yang then placed her hand on Jason's shoulder.

Yang: Jason...it's okay.

Jason looked at Yang, and, begrudgingly, put away Murasama. The AK's then restrained Yang, and took her away. Jason then looked at Emerald and Mercury, and mouthed the words "Pray I don't ever see you two again.", and walked away.

Later, Jason was in team RWBY's dorm with General Ironwood.

Ironwood: I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice.

Yang: But he attacked me!

Ironwood: Video footage, and millions of viewers say otherwise.

Weiss: But Yang would never do that.

Ruby: Yeah!

Ironwood: *sighs* You all seem like good students. And the staff here are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did. Under normal circumstances. What I believe, and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress, and adrenaline. When in the battlefield, your judgement can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that aren't there. Even after the fight has passed.

Yang: But I wasn't--

Ironwood: That's enough!

Jason: (Watch it, Ironwood.)

Ironwood: The sad truth is, whether it was an accident, or an assault, it doesn't matter. The world saw you attack an innocent student.

Jason: (Innocent? Gimmie a break.)

Ironwood: They've already drawn their own conclusions. And it's my job to inform you that you are disqualified.

Yang looked crushed at the news. Ironwood then left the dorm, and Yang looked at her team.

Yang: You guys believe me, right?

Weiss: Duh, you're hot headed, but not ruthless.

Ruby nods her head.

Jason: Of course. Wouldn't have jumped in like I did if I didn't.

Everyone except Blake answered.

Yang: Blake?