Ch.8: Preparing For A Dance

Jason POV

After getting some info on Mercury, Emerald and Cinder, I went back to Beacon. I was, of course, questioned by team RWBY about where I had disappeared to. I told them a half truth. I went after Torchwick, but didn't find him.

The next day came, and right now, I'm in combat class with Glynda. Pyrrha was chosen to face off against team CRDL in a 1v4. And she was dominating the match. After she had defeated team CRDL, Glynda congratulated her and went to pick two more people for another match.

Glynda: Ms. Belladonna. You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you-

Mercury: I'll do it.

I looked and saw Mercury raise his hand.

Glynda: Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent.

Mercury: Actually, I wanna fight...*points at Pyrrha* her.

Pyrrha: I'm afraid Ms. Nikos has just finished a match. I recommend you choose another partner.

Pyrrha: N-No, it's-

Jason: I'll fight you.

Everyone looked at me.

Jason: You heard Professor Goodwitch. I'll fight you in Pyrrha's stead.

Pyrrha: Jason, it's fine. I-

Jason: You just finished a match Pyrrha. You should rest up.

3rd Person POV

Pyrrha looked surprised at the tone Jason spoke to her in. But after a few moments, she understood what he was telling her. So she bowed to Glynda and took her seat.

Glynda: Very well. The next match will be Mr. Jason Riley vs. Mr. Mercury Black.

Jason was about to go to the stage, when Blake noticed that he had left Murasama at his seat.

Blake: Jason. Your sword.

Jason: I don't need it. I wanna try something I've been working on.

Jason and Mercury made their way to the stage and stood across from each other. Jason then rolled up his sleeve on his arms, and that was when Mercury saw his metal left arm.

Mercury: (Black hair, blue eyes, metal left arm! So this is Ronin!)

Mercury: So. You're fighting unarmed?

Jason: Not exactly. Figured I'd use this opportunity to test something out.

Jason then took a fighting stance, and his aura moved around his arms and legs to make a pair of gauntlets and greaves.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(A/N: Just imagine them having the same color as Mirage Edge.)

Everyone was surprised at the new weapons Jason made using his aura.