Ch.13: Learning The Truth

Jason POV

After stopping the fight between Qrow and Winter, Ozpin and Glynda took Qrow and went back to Ozpin's office.

Jason: (Branwen's working for Ozpin, huh. I kinda feel bad for kicking his ass back then. Also because he's Ruby's uncle.)

Weiss joined Ruby and I, and we went back to our dorms.

Timeskip

It's the next day, and I'm in the arena watching the doubles matchups. That's when I saw Emerald and Mercury going against Coco and Yatsuhashi from CFVY. I was sitting next to Ruby and Velvet. Both were cheering for Coco and Yatsuhashi.

Velvet: Good luck, you two!

Ruby: Show them how it's done!

Jason: (Well...this will allow me to see what they're working with.)

Emerald and Mercury ended up winning the fight. Much to the disappointment of Velvet and Ruby.

Velvet: Coco...

Ruby: Aww man, I thought for sure they had that.

Jason: Hmmm...

Ruby: Jason? Is something wrong?

Jason: I don't know... Something felt...off about that match. (Coco and Yatsuhashi were acting weird. Almost like they were hallucinating.)

After that, the doubles went on as usual. That Penny girl that Ruby hangs out with, along with her teammates wond against CRDL's duo. Weiss and Yang ended up winning their fight. And, JNPR's duo won their fight as well.

I was walking through the halls when I got a message from Ozpin telling me to meet him at his office. So, without wasting any time, I made my way there.

3rd Person POV

It was in the afternoon, and Ozpin was sitting in his office waiting for Jason, and Pyrrha, to arrive. He was looking over Beacon when Qrow entered his office.

Qrow: You know, Ironwood's making you look like a fool.

Ozpin: His heart is in the right place. He's just, misguided.

Qrow: Sometimes I'm not even sure he has a heart... So, have you chosen your guardian yet?

Ozpin: Maidens choose themselves. I simply believe I've found the right candidate. Ever since the day I met her, I had a feeling she would be the one. She's strong, intelligent, caring, but most importantly, she's ready.

With Jason, he was about to enter the elevator to Ozpin's office, when he ran into Pyrrha.

Jason: Pyrrha?

Pyrrha: Jason? What are you doing here?

Jason: Ozpin sent for me.

Pyrrha: Really? He asked for me too.

Jason: Huh, strange. Well, let's not keep him waiting.

The two entered the elevator, and soon entered Ozpin's office. There they saw both Ozpin and Qrow waiting for them.

Ozpin: Ahh, Jason, Pyrrha, thank you for coming. Please, sit down.

The two sat down in front of Ozpin's desk and he sat in front of them.