Ch.10: Mount Glenn

Jason POV

So the huntsman we're shadowing is Dr. Oobleck. I was not expecting this, and clearly, none of the girls were as well.

Weiss: Professor Oobleck?!

Oobleck: Yes I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, girls. Seeing as you've opted to shadow a huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you we will not be establishing a single base of operation. Rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland. And making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I've packed all the essentials myself, plotted the air course, and readied the airstrip. And...

He then got in Weiss's face, which made her lean back a bit.

Oobleck: It's "Doctor" Oobleck. I didn't earn a PhD for fun, thank you very much!

Weiss: Uhhh...?

Oobleck: Come now children! According to my schedule we are already three minutes behind... schedule!

He then zips off to the bullhead.

Ruby: Well, alright then. Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oobleck-- Ok, yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse.

Nora: Save the world?!

We all turn around to see team JNPR.

Nora: You're going on world saving missions without us?! I'm hurt, sad, maybe a little hungry. That last one's not your fault though. Ren!

Jaune: Sounds exciting. Where you going?

Ruby: Just outside the kingdom.

Nora: Hey, so are we!

Pyrrha: Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village.

Jaune: How about you, Jason? Where are you going?

Jason: Wolf and I are gonna assist team RWBY are their mission.

Nora: *gasps* You chose RWBY over us?!

Jason: Calm down. I'll tag along with you guys next time.

Nora: Yaaay!

Ren: Nora, please. Anyways, for our mission, we set out tomorrow.

Neptune: Then you can party with us tonight. We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner city detective stuff. We get junior badges.

Jaune's eyes widened with awe when he heard that. You could even see visible sparkles around him.

Sun: We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk. So we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, you know, normal.

Ruby: Well-

Oobleck: Four minutes children!

Ruby: *sighs* Well, wish us luck.

With that, we boarded the bullhead and made our way to Quadrant 5. While we were flying, team RWBY were talking to Dr. Oobleck about how he wasn't just a teacher, but a huntsman as well.

Yang: I guess I just never saw you as much of a fighter.

Oobleck: I admit, I fancy myself as more of an intellectual, but I can assure you, as a huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles. Just as Mr. Riley.

They all look at me for confirmation.

Jason: It's true. I've seen him in action before, and I can guarantee that his PhD isn't what got him his huntsman title.