Chapter 7

Katie POV-

"Just check it! I'm sure you did fine. You at least passed." Luke said. I stared down at my laptop about to look up the grades for my finals. I felt a nervous pang. Even though I made it through both finals and I felt more confident, there was still that anxious nervous feeling behind it. Currently we were sitting in my room and he kept trying to convince me to look at my grade for the past half hour. Teachers said they would have it in by the end of the week. Now school was out and I didn't want to think about it anymore, but I wanted to know how I did.

"But usually when I feel confident, that means I failed. Every time I feel confident in a test I fail." I told him and ran a hand through my hair. It was the truth. For some reason when I felt really confident in a test, I somehow ended up failing. I groaned and then pushed the computer closer to him. "You look for me." He rolled his eyes, "You're such a baby!"

"That's mean," I said and kicked him with my foot. He whined and then scrolled through my laptop. I told him my information and he put it into the program he opened and said, "Biology- 95%, English- 98%, Algebra- 88%, History- 85%." My mouth fell open. "No way. I've never gotten higher than a 80% in math ever!" I took the computer back and looked to make sure he wasn't lying. He was telling the truth. There in bright blue, were the numbers 88% and 85%, next to their respective classes. I thought I could cry. I laid back on my bed and screamed. A good scream. A few seconds later my dad was running down the hallway and bursting through my door. He was holding a tooth brush in his hand looking like he was ready to bash somebody's head in. "What happened?" He asked holding it out in front of him towards us.

"Nothing!" I started, "Well not nothing! I did good on my finals." I told him and he took a breath of relief. "Jesus Katie, I thought there was a murderer in here. Let me see though." He said and I signaled him over to look at the computer. Luke moved closer to me so that my dad had room to look. My dad whipped his hand on his shirt and put the toothbrush in his mouth while he looked. He scrolled and nodded his head. He stood back up and took the toothbrush back out of his mouth. "Great. I'm very proud of you!" He told me and then smiled. He came on the other side closer to me and hugged me. I gripped him tight looking up at him. I was happy I had my dad in my life. He was the best parent in the world, no matter what. He let go and nodded and went to finish getting himself ready.

I went back and sat next to Luke on the bed and we stayed quiet for a bit. Luke was sitting just typing away on his phone. I wondered what he was doing. I went to grab it, but then he pushed me off. "Why can't I see it?" I asked him and then pouted.

"Because. It's not ready." He said and I scoffed. "What are you even doing?" I asked him and he pushed me back to my side. "I'm writing down song lyric ideas actually." He ran a hand through his blond hair and looked at me. "Really?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah. I haven't done it much lately. I just hadn't really had motivation, but it's come back to me in bits and pieces. Now if I could just write a whole song, that would be great." He said sounding slightly frustrated. I shrugged. "It'll come when you least expect it." I got up and headed over to my TV stand and turned it on. I flipped through the channels and waited until something decent came on. For now it was Spongebob Squarepants. "Fun fact," I started saying as I watched the TV. "When I was a kid Spongebob used to give me nightmares."

Luke laughed and rolled his eyes, "Spongebob is pretty scary," he said sarcastically and I shoved him. Luke finally put his phone down and watched the TV with me. We were both focused on Spongebob and his crazy antics. This episode was the episode where he made a friend out of bubbles. "I tried that when I was a kid." I said out loud not meaning too.

"You did?" Luke asked me and laughed a little. I nodded, "Yeah. I didn't have friends, so I thought I could make one out of bubbles like Spongebob did, but obviously it didn't work." I told him.