Chapter 8

Katie P.O.V.- 

    As the rest of the summer began to pass, most of the time Luke and I just sat at each other's houses binge watching television shows. Currently we were watching House. One of my favorite shows. I found it interesting how House was able to just figure out with a thought how to cure somebody. I always wished that he could just fix me, but I knew life didn't just work that way. At least not for me. I looked over at Luke who was playing on his phone. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Literally, we have done nothing with our lives this summer. This is so boring." I told him. 

   "Well, if you would get back in the water, we could be doing a lot more." He told me. I could hear the annoyance and attitude in his voice.

    "Really? You just had to throw that in. Thanks, I already feel bad enough." I said and turned the other way around. I stared down at Lucy, who was laying on the side of my bed. It was true though. After that day we went in the pool I had been terrified to get back. I did try a few times, but the thought of drowning popped into my mind and I'd jump back. Luke had been patient with me, even though I knew I was driving him crazy. I didn't want to be scared, but it was hard, especially when I felt the anxiety was building up. I knew I had to get over it, but I couldn't convince myself of it enough. 

    I felt the bed move and he placed his hand on my shoulder. "I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry, that wasn't fair." I could tell he really meant it, but it was the truth. 

    "It's true though. I can't get over myself enough to get back in. I hate it." I reached down the side of the bed to touch Lucy. I rubbed her gently on the back and she stood up. She turned herself around and put her paws up on the bed. She started licking my face and instantly made me feel better. 

    "Even if it is true, it doesn't make it right. I'm sorry." He told me. I let go of Lucy and turned around towards Luke. "Well you're forgiven." I told him and he nodded. "You are right though," he said to me. "I do love House, but its time for something new." He pulled out his phone and showed me, "I was looking up things to do. I found the aquarium, and the great wheel. Pick something." I grabbed his phone and started looking through the things he found. He did find some good things. 

    "I think we should go to the aquarium. That seems like fun, I've never been." For someone who lived in Seattle, I never got out much. 

    "Do they have penguins? I love penguins, they're my favorite animals." I took his phone and looked through the website. They listed all the animals. "I don't see them on the list Luke." I told him and he frowned. "Really! Well that's no fun. Find something else." I rolled my eyes and looked through the list again. "Okay, let's go to the great wheel then. Tomorrow." I told him and he nodded his head. 

    "Okay, that sounds fun. It's a Ferris wheel?" He asked me. 

    "Yeah. It's huge I guess. I don't know I guess we'll find out. What about Lucy though?" I said. 

    "What about her, she'll be fine." He told me and I shook my head. 

    "I don't know, I just feel like bringing her is such a pain. I know I really need to bring her, but I kind of don't want to." I told him. He looked at me with wide eyes and I shrugged. "I haven't had a seizure in months. I've been feeling really good, I think the medicine is finally taking it's affect. I don't think that leaving Lucy home one day is going to kill me, or her." I said. It was true though. I had been perfectly fine for the past few months and I hadn't had any episodes. Lucy had basically just been a normal dog and didn't have to be on alert all the time. My dad seemed to be less stressed than usual. I knew the hard part was going to be convincing him to let me go.