Chapter 10

Katie POV

The first few months of school actually went by quickly. It was a shock that it did. I was glad that I was able to smoothly get through everything. Trigonometry wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but also the help of Luke was a plus. Currently, I was sitting in the guidance office waiting for my appointment time. This was a time to talk to my guidance counselor and discuss college stuff. I couldn't help the feeling I had in the pit of my stomach. I was completely nervous. I tried to think more about college and things to do, but I really wasn't sure. I couldn't even fathom what was going to happen. Hopefully this meeting could ease my tension a bit.

"Katie, you can go in now, she's ready for you," the guidance secretary said. I stood up and took a deep breathe. I was beyond nervous, and I couldn't control. I gripped Lucy's leash tight and we headed into the office together. I opened the door and I saw my guidance counselor sitting at her desk looking at her laptop. Her glasses rested on the tip of her nose. Her hair was long enough all the way past her waist and had an immense amount of curls. This definietly wasn't the first time I ended up in this office. There had been multiple occasions I've had to be in there.

"Ahh Katie, come in!" She said. I walked over to the chair in front of her desk and sat. Lucy walked around and then made herself comfortable under my seat. "So. Let's talk today about where you're going with your future." She told me and pulled herself away from the laptop. She pulled in front of me and looked at me. FUTURE. That word made me sick. "Have you given any thought to what you might be interested in." She asked me and I shook my head.

"There's just too much to think about. And everything is even harder for me." I said and sunk a little in my chair. "Okay," she said and thought for a minute. She pushed her glasses up her head and said. "So. What interests you." She asked me. I shrugged. Everything was kind of interesting. There wasn't something I personally was drawn too, but then again I thought about science and what my teacher said. "Science is kind of interesting," I told her and she smiled.

"That's a good start. What particularly about science interests you? Like a specific type of science, or..." she started saying then stopped.

"Well. I've always kind of liked the human body, and how things work inside. So I guess biology type stuff." She nodded. "I see, okay. So I have some brochures here that might be able to steer you in the right direction." She said and started looking around on her desk. I don't know how she could find anything on there because it was of massive amounts of paper work. "Alright so, here's a couple." She handed me about 10 different brochures. I'm pretty sure I didn't need ten, but I took them kindly anyway. "Take a look and maybe narrow it down. If you need any help you can always come and talk to me. I can help." She said and I shook my head. "Mint?" She asked me and I declined.

"More for me then. Okay, so have you thought about where you want to go."

"Not really. It's not a big conversation in my house." I told her and she seemed puzzled. "You haven't talked about it with your dad at all?"

"No." I told her and she looked like she could faint. She shook out her hair and composed herself. "Alright. Well if you're going to stay local, you can always start at community college. Until you really decide what you want to do. Then when you do, you can see what else is out there. We have a nice community college in the town next door actually. Here have this." She said and handed me another brochure. How many brochures did this lady have. I added it to the pile and then she sat back. "Lets look at your grades shall we," she said and went to her laptop. She was typing some stuff and then the printer started going off. I looked over and she printed out two pieces of paper. She got up and danced over to the printer. She pulled them out and handed me one. I looked down at it. It was my unofficial transcript. I looked down seeing all my past grades.