Chapter 5

Katie POV- 

        "Come on Katie," Jenny yelled to me and ran into the pool. "I'm coming," I said and I wasn't ready to go back in. I just stood on the edge looking at Jenny. I wasn't ready to swim at the moment. Not with my tummy full. "Come on Katie. Why are you taking so long?" Before I could even react I felt a pair of hands come up behind me and push me forward into the pool. I didn't even get a chance to brace for impact. 

-----

        I woke up in a cold sweat from the dream. The same nightmare I've been having ever since that day. Lucy was woken up from me moving and she looked at me. I thought my heart was going to leap out of it's chest, and my lungs were burning. Was I screaming? I tried to ease my breathing, but my lungs wouldn't let me. I felt my eyes become warm. I reached the side of my face and there was tears streaming down. I wiped my face, and my cheeks were burning in the process. My tears were stining. I didn't get nightmares a lot, but I thought I would be used to it by now. This was the same dream I had my whole life, for as long as I can remember. By now Lucy was pratically next to me and she started licking my face. I felt my tears continue to well up and I wrapped my arms around Lucy's neck. I put my face into her fur and started crying. Her fur was comforting, and warm. The good kind of warm, not tear type warm. I felt myself begin to sob. I was sobbing to the point where I was actually hurting myself by sobbing. I wrapped my arms around Lucy tighter and tried to calm myself. It happened so long ago, and yet I was so scared of what had happened. I didn't even remember all of it. Just the most important part. 

        After about ten minutes I finally began to calm down. Lucy would occassionlly lick my face and she even rubbed her head against mine at one point. I let her go and she readjusted herself. She put two front paws against my stomach and stretched out across it. She put her head inbetween them and snuggled against me. I grabbed my phone off the night table and checked the time. It was about 4:30 in the morning. I sighed and hoped maybe I'd get back to sleep before I had to get up for school. Too bad that didn't happen. The rest of the night I just kept petting Lucy and ended up staring at the wall. About an hour later I decided to just pull out my laptop and play on it for a while. I started looking up YouTube videos. I ended up coming across a guy named Matt that does Dare's. Hense his name DareMattG. He was pretty funny and I enjoyed watching him do really stupid stuff. I didn't watch them in order, but I watched a pretty good amount. When 6:30 rolled around I got out of bed and started getting myself ready. I ended up wearing a pair of skinny jeans and a plain blue v- neck t-shirt. I was still at that stage with clothes where I didn't really know what I liked. For now I kept my wardrobe just plain. I had a few graphic tees, but I never really ended up wearing them to school often. I wanted to know what type of style I could get into, but my dad wasn't help in that department, He always just told me to get whatever, and if he picked anything out I usually hated it. Maybe it was just cause he was my dad, but he didn't really have a good sense of style. He was a car salesmen, so his uniform was just a dress shirt and slacks, and a tie. Can't forget the tie. He didn't really wear anything else except sometimes a t-shirt and jeans. That was really only occassionally though. I didn't really know what I liked or disliked. That's why sometimes I wish I had a girl around so they could help me with that. But as that song goes, "you can't always get what you want." So for now I just stuck to jeans and plain t-shirts. 

        Once I was done getting dressed I headed downstairs. It was only 6:40, I still had time before the bus came. I put a Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwhich in the micorwave and waited for it to be done. I ate it quickly and made sure all my books were in my backpack. I hated how heavy the thing was. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I saw my dad, his usual dishevled mess. He was rolling down the sleeves of his dress shirt and then trying to fix his tie. "Have you seen my cell phone?" He asked me frantically looking around the kitchen. He was always in a rush to go nowhere, and couldn't keep his head on straight half the time. I looked on the counter next to me, and their was his iphone just staring me in the face. I lifted it up and waved it. He sighed in relief and walked over and grabbed it. He looked at it, "shit it's almost dead," he mummbled to himself. I reached behind me and grabbed his charger out of the wall and handed it to him. "Thank you sweetheart. I better get going. If anything happens you know text, call, or whatever. If you want to come home for any reason just let me know," he said.