Epilogue

3 Years Later:

Katie POV:

          "Come on Kara. We're going to be late," I shouted from the bottom of the stairs. I waited a couple more minutes and then Kara came running down the stairs. She was wearing a blue dress with her backpack on. "Sorry, I'm ready," she said and came down. "Can you fix my piggy tails!" She asked me and I nodded my head. Here I was, feeling like I was a mom. I definitely wasn't looking forward to this in the future. I tied her pig tails tight and made sure they were straight. She turned to look at me and smiled. One of her front teeth missing. I had to say, she was an adorable child. "Okay. Ready to go?" I asked her and she nodded and jumped up and down for joy. Today was her first day of third grade, and she couldn't be more excited. It was interesting to see a kid, actually enjoy going to school. Especially when I hated going myself.

           "Can I say bye to Teddy first?" She asked me. I nodded and said, "call him." Which she did. Sure enough we heard the footsteps coming and there came in our big chocolate lab. He ran straight to Kara and started kissing her face. This brought back memories of my own Lucy. "Bye Teddy. I'm going to school. Wish you could come with me!" Kara rubbed his head and gave him a kiss back, then we were off.

            "Be good Teddy," I said before closing the door and locking the house. We started walking down the street, holding each others hands. I had to say being a nanny was difficult, but I rather enjoyed it. Kara was a great child and I was glad that I got to take care of her. For three years, we spent practically every day together. My bank account also was happy for that. A lot of that money went away, for one day when I was ready to buy a house. As we were walking my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket and answered it. "Hello?" I said.

            "Hey dude! What's up?" Luke said on the other side.

            "Walking Kara to school. What's up?" I asked him. 

          "Nothing. Just wanted to know if you're free tonight? Maybe we could hang out. Get pizza or something." He told me. He had recently transferred schools to a college closer to home. He hated being so far away. "I don't know. Is it just going to be us?" I asked him. Michael had moved here and moved in with Luke. They were still settling, but Michael made me slightly uncomfortable. Maybe it was because I had a slight crush on him.

           "Um for the most part. I don't really know what Michael's doing tonight. He might be working." Luke said. That gave her a little relief.

          "I'll let you know more later," I told him and he said okay. We hung up the phone and I continued to walk Kara to school. Once we got there we gave each other a big goodbye hug, and I told her I was going to meet her after school. It was crazy how much someone grew up in just three years. When I met her, Kara was extremely shy, and now she was running around, going up to random kids she didn't even know. I watched as the little girl in front of me ran into the school. She turned around and gave me one more wave, then ran into the school.

         I turned and started walking back. Kara wasn't the only one who had grown up in the last three years. I guess I have too. It's little steps. I can actually live on my own, without having to worry every five minutes. I was also doing a lot with my time. When I wasn't nannying with Kara, I actually ran a blog and a youtube channel. I wasn't exceptionally popular, I only started it about a year ago. So far I had about 2,000 subscribers, and the most views I ever got on a video was close to 6,000. It was a start. We all start somewhere, nothing happens over night. My youtube channel mostly consisted of things that had to do with Kara. Her parents actually approved of letting me feature her in some of my videos. Most of the time, I used her to help demonstrate how to do hairstyles, or what movies and books children should be reading. Even parents were commenting on the videos saying how helpful they were. I didn't divulge anything private to the people of the internet. Kara's mom would always watch my videos before I put them out.