4 Hours is Normal in America!

<Alaska pov>

Inside my box, I stored old things that I'd gotten before I became a state. Everything I've gotten in America I cherish in their own boxes. Just those aren't hidden under beds. Only America and Dixie know about my box, and I'm thankful for that. I don't think my siblings would do much, but still, it gives me reassurance.

The first thing I pulled out was a vintage photo it was black and white, but the white almost seemed yellow. It was so old that the paper itself was falling apart. Though I could clearly make out me,my brother, and our father. This was the only photograph I had of my father. I knew there were more out there, but this particular photo was his. The photo also took place in a happy time in my life where I'm quite sure my father liked me and didn't want to send me away for money. My brother The Soviet Union, at this time was a shy, nice boy. I didn't know him too well. Then me. My flag wasn't what it is today back. Then I had what looked exactly like the Russian flag. When I was sold, I got my dark blue with stars.

I put the photo back in. There was an old Russian bracelet and a bottle of ocean water from the Pacific Ocean. I had the papers dad signed to make me an official state and some really odd Ruble from the Russian Empire.

That is all I have from before I was a state. If Ukraine is nice, I could show her some of this, like my photo. She'd probably appreciate that. I closed the box and put It back under my bed. I sighed as I stood up and sat on my bed. I lay down on top of the covers and closed my eyes.

<Dixie pov>

I was now in the kitchen with Rhode Island, and we were plating food.

"56 plates, right?" Rhode Island asked as he counted the plates in his hands.

"Ya!" I responded as I shut off a stove.

"So , uh, what do you think about all of this?" Rhode asked as he put mashed potatoes on each plate.

"Well, you know how I feel bout the Brit, and I know your pa will keep you all safe, but I don't like dem countries knowin' bout yall." I responded. (After I said that sentence, I did realize how thick my accent was)

"They now know dad has a weakness." He added. I nodded and handed him some gravy.

"I'll go call everybody down for super you finish up with dem plates." I instructed Rhodie, who nodded. I called everyone into the dining room.

"Dixie!" Mississippi whined to me

"Ya?" I asked as I made room at the table for Indiana

"So I was fixin' to practice football with Tennessee, but Tennessee lost MY Football and my helmet!" They started seemingly very mad,"so could ya get me a new one?"

"Yeah, I'll get one next time I go out." I confirmed

"Thank ya!" They shouted while they skipped to their seat.

"Why does he need a helmet?" France asked

"What do you mean?" America questioned

"Well, if it's football, you can play just fine without a helmet." France explained while a couple hushed giggles came from nearby states

"Well, they play quite... dangerously because 1 we are down south and 2 us Americans are very into football." America replied

"I didn't see any goals outside. Are they going to set them up?" France questioned. Everyone laughed.

"Oh! They are playing American football." America specified France put her head in her hands in embarrassment.

"That would make more sense." Britain laughed.

"Hawaii?" New Zealand asked.

Said state looked up from her food and asked, "Yes?"

"Why do you have fathers flag on your flag?" She asked. Hawaii looked surprised and smiled back at the country.

"So many of King Kamehameha's advisors were British, and the islands were once placed under Britains protection at the time." She explained. Britain looked at her confused.

"But I don't remember you...?" UK questioned

"Well, I got my personification when America arrived on one of my islands." Hawaii responded. New Zealand nodded and went back to eating.

"Hawaii, are you going to your state in two months like last year?" California asked

"Yes, I'm gonna go to Oahu for a bit." She confirmed.

"Why does she always get to go do her islands whenever she wants?" Arkansas whined to America

"Well, I did give her some rules after you know when." America responded in protest

"I know, but I have to beg!" Arkansas retorted

"I had to bribe Dixie with 20$ to put in a good word for me last time." Alabama added. America turned to me and gave me "the look." I shrugged and smiled at Alabama, who grinned back.

"Well, she's mature, and she has a secret bunker she built after the attack." America explained

"Actually, 2 bunkers and I have AR-15 always on me." Hawaii corrected a smug smile on her face.

"I'm aloud to go home when I want. Why's that?" Texas asked

"Why are ya even asking? You got 19 guns on ya always!" Mississippi pointed out

"My house is only 2 hours and 6 minutes away!" Pennsylvania announced

"Only!?" Britain shrieked

"What's wrong with 2 hours?" Pennsylvania asked harshly

"It's two hours." He repeated

"So?" New Hampshire countered

"Two hours is a long drive." France explained

"No, it's not." Maine defended

"Ok, I'm gonna stop this argument before it gets outa hand in America. 2-3 hours is nothing. People drive 4 hours to visit family, no problems!" I explained to the table. The Americans nodded along.

"How is that short!?" Britain asked

"America's big." Georgia answered

"Makes sense." Australia nodded. Britain rolled his eyes, and France looked utterly confused.

Then there was a knock at the door. Everyone turned to look in that direction. America stood up and walked towards the door. The states all visibly tensed as America went up to the door. He put his hand on the handle turned and then opened the door.

-
Omggg I'm actually getting somewhere:0
1040 words