Elira Benedict

I hummed as I wiped the counters, I decided to clean up high today where I dusted things I couldn't reach so I used stools and benches and chairs.

I had nothing better to do. I don't eat. I can't cook. I can't sleep.

My phone rang and I answered.

"Hello."

"Angel. Get dressed."

"Why?"

"We're going to a club, I have a meeting."

"Why am I coming? Don't you not want me to know what you do?"

"You're immortal. My boss trusts you."

"That's all it takes?"

"He saw you. He's a vampire but was born a witch of sorts. He can read who you are the second he sees you. He knows you. He likes you. If you are okay attending things often and you find that you enjoy joining me, you can work with me." He said.

I hummed.

"Fun. How much time?"

"I'll pick you up in an hour."

"Great."

"I love you." He said, I felt little butterflies.

"I love you too."

-

I had my black, always perfect hair back in a slick ponytail

It was weird, no tangles, no knots, perfect waves always. It was amazing.

I put on some deep red lipstick, but mascara wasn't needed as it already looked like I had extensions of sorts.

I heard the door open and I smiled, going to greet my husband.

He held a bag, setting it on the floor as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He looked delicious.

"Darling

"Darling."

His hand moved along my back as he studied me when I backed away.

"You happened to read my mind." He said and I frowned, asking what he meant without saying it.