Pleased To Meet You

At The Park Near The Alley

Lisa POV

Policemen came after that incident. I called them for assistance before I came to that area.

But before I talked with the officers, I gave Jennie my jacket and let her sit at the nearby bench.

She's still shivering in fear. That's why I ask my private investigator Bambam and my lawyer, Mr. Wang to give them initial statements at the station and that I will just follow them in the morning, after that I went back to Jennie.

"What just happened, Lisa?"

Still trembling but she curiously asked. I just sit beside her and let a deep sigh.

{I hope I will not leave any wrong impression to her}

Jennie POV

"What just happened, Lisa?"

I asked, and she sat beside me, and I heard her sigh.

"Those men had been following you for days now, Jennie."

I was shocked by her news, and then she continued,

"My company is just across the street where you work. I already saw you at the mansion when Jisoo and I ate at the diner."

{Those were the times when she saw me sleeping on the couch. Oh my, this is so embarrassing.}

"You were the one who served us that day, and I recognized you, but since we haven't been properly introduced then, I just let it pass and continued our meal."

{That's why her voice seems familiar. I'm so focused on my work and always looking down that I couldn't notice them}

"I was about to use the comfort room near, where those men were seated, when I overheard them talking about you. I'm so concerned about what they'll do to you that I decided to take action without you knowing, I-I mean anybody would do something if they heard someone is in danger, right? I'm so sorry, Jennie."

I guess I'm still in shock that my heart skipped a beat of what she just said

"I guess those men are from the loan sharks, Lisa. They've threatened me before, so I'm working on a way to pay them, but I never thought it would come to this."

I explained while my head was low because of shame.

"You don't have to say sorry, Lisa. In fact, I'm so thankful you were there to help me. I don't know what happened to me if you weren't there. Thank you."

She just bumped our shoulders and said

"Hey, cheer up. I will do this for a friend. That's what friends do. They work together. We're friends now, aren't we? Or you don't want to be my friend?"

She said, pouting, and it made me feel better about her, I smiled at her.

"You really want me to be your friend, Lisa?"

I jokingly replied,

"I'd be glad to. And for that, I would like to formally introduce myself. Hi, I'm Lalisa Manoban, but you can call me Lisa. And you are?"

She held her hand for a handshake

{Silly but cute}

I smiled and also introduced myself,

"Hello Lisa, I'm Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, but you can call me Jennie, I'm pleased to meet you,"

Then I shook her hands and gave her my brightest smile

{She's kind, thoughtful, and protective, I'm so lucky to be her friend}

🐥🐈