Ice Cream Chillin'

JenLisa's Penthouse

Lisa POV

"Hon, don't you think that's already too much? And didn't we already distribute some of our invitations?"

I heard Jennie say. She's in the kitchen preparing us for some snacks to eat.

I am here in our living room busy with my laptop, checking out our guest list for our upcoming wedding.

While waiting for me to finish, she excused herself and said she just wanted something in the kitchen.

I really love how Jennie cooks because it's so delicious. It's her special talent, by the way.

She told me that their family used to have a restaurant business before her parents died, and that's how she learned how to cook.

That, she has no choice but to sell it when their family had a crisis. So if ever Jennie wanted us to put restaurant business again, I would definitely support her.

But today is different. I didn't want to exhaust her from cooking. I just want her to rest and relax with me.

I already ordered some food and popcorn for her not to cook anymore. Still, she went in the kitchen, and I just let her.

{Hmm? Maybe she wants some desserts.}

I know she loves ice cream, that's why I ask Mr. Won to make sure it is added to the groceries that they will always buy for us.

"I'm just double checking, honey!"

I softly shout for her to hear and then continue saying while finishing what I'm doing.

"I just don't want to let someone to be left out, babe, even our investors. I want to let all of them know how lucky and proud I am that I will be going to marry a gorgeous wife like you."

It's Saturday today, and in the three months we've been girlfriends, we've gotten into the habit of binge watching while cuddling all day, every weekend.

Jennie and I are still living in our own houses. But I bought us this new penthouse for us to be together on weekends.

I still have my old penthouse, though, but I'm planning to sell it soon.

On buying this penthouse, at first, Jennie wanted to object because she said it wasn't practical to buy more and that we were going to live together anyway soon.

But when I told her that I really wanted to be with her, even just on the weekends before we wed, she no longer contested because she said she also wants to be with me.

When we started our IVF program, I tried to asked her that we should live together in my mansion so I could look after her but she said that since we are getting married soon and she would also miss Rosè, she wishes us to wait a little bit longer.

{She's independent but still a conservative woman, and I respect whatever she decides. She always listened to me anyway. That's why I love her even more.}

I clearly remembered what she jokingly said that time.

"Don't you want that? You will enjoy your single life first before we get married?"

She was joking then, but I saw how serious her face was especially her feline eyes when she stressed to say the word, 'Enjoy' It's as if she's telling me 'Don't you even dare Lisa.'

{Oh man, if you could only see her face. She looks like a tigress on the loose, but still, I find it cute, though, ehee!}

"Babe, I'm done! How are you doing there? Do you need any help?"