Looming Feelings

Chaennie's Apartment

Rosè POV

Same as mine, Jennie's family is neither rich nor poor, but they also have a small business that earns them a living.

I have witnessed how happy and contented their family are, when Uncle Junro was still alive and Aunt Nelie was still well.

When I knew from my parents, her parent's love story, I fell in love with it. It's as if I'm reading their story from a book.

They were like star-crossed lovers who overcome their obstacles and build a happy home. Although they both died after but at least, not because of fighting for their love, but because of something else. Still, I love it.

Aunt Nellie is the youngest sister of my dad, to which Jennie and I became first cousin, and we've been closed since we were little.

{Actually, both my older sister, Alice, and I are close to Jen unnie. Maybe we both just want to have other siblings, which is why we treat each other as real sisters.}

They said that Uncle Junro comes from a wealthy family, but he was disowned when he married my aunt.

{Hmm? Maybe his family wants him to be married to someone else but just follows his heart, that's why. But who knows?}

{Aish! My mind sometimes can drift me off to the mountains and back and to the far, far hills and around Europe and Australia back to the States and China and all the way back to Korea..}

{Wait, I'm being carried away again. Where was I again? I guess I should stop reading FFs. Jk! Hehe. Anyways, let's continue,}

Perhaps Jennie's father really comes from a family of businessmen because even though he has limited funds at that time, he managed to grow their small business

Growing up, I have also witnessed how Jennie's parents tried their very best to shower her all the thing that they could give since Jennie is their only child.

Though they let her choose what she wants, they are always there to support and guide her. So it's not surprising that Jennie grew up to be a free spirited kid.

I guess that's what she also inherited from her parents. It also helped her to become a strong and independent woman when the tragic car accident happened to her dad.

She was in her third year in college when she decided to stop attending school and tried to just continue helping their business.

Her mom wants her to finish college, but unfortunately, the illness of her mom followed.

Since Jennie can not focus on both their family business and attending to her mom, she has no choice but to sell everything of what they have to support and sustain her remaining family.

I feel sorry for what happened to her family, but I did admire most of my cousin's resiliency.

It's just that most of the time, Jennie really needs to be reminded because she has a tendency to forget to take care of herself or else she will also end up sick.

She spends all her time working for a living and in order to save her mother.

When Aunt Nellie died, I really wanted to live with Jennie, or, either, she lived with us, but Jennie decided that she wanted to live alone and to carry all the responsibilities to herself.

She said she didn't want to bother us and promised she would just ask for help if she needed it, so we didn't force her then.

But her almost got abduction by those treacherous loan sharks scared the hell out of me. That's the time I insisted to her that I should live with her.