Love On Hold

In a Café

Jennie POV

My mother is the only family I have left, and when she got sick, without hesitation, I sold all the properties that my father had left us, just to save my mom.

But even if I have sold everything, there is still a huge demand for my mother's hospitalization and medications.

Taehyung wanted to help, but since he's still a struggling artist back then, and his family is also depending on him, he could not do anything about it. I love him so much, and I don't want him to feel guilty about my condition, I want to let him feel that I also understand his situation.

With no other choice, I approached a loan shark, but unfortunately, months after, my mom couldn't really cope with her illness and die.

This is the reason I had to earn alot even took 2 to 3 jobs just to pay the large amount of money and pay off a large debt at the loan shark, because they even threatened me if I wouldn't pay on time.

After my mother died and with all the responsibilities I was left with, our relationship would have been fine.

Taehyung is kind and supportive. But it didn't take long, and in my responsibilities, I didn't realize that our relationship as a lovers was also getting sluggish.

I neglected my relationship with Taehyung, focusing on my jobs, which is why we broke up.

"I miss you so much, and I still love you, Jen."

Taehyung lovingly said to me and held my hands that were on the table.

"I know, V, and I feel the same way, but it's not the right time, I still have a lot on my shoulder, and I know you do too. We might even break up again if we insist on things."

He was obviously saddened by my decision. He was trying to suppress his cry, but he just could not, so I just held his hands tight.

"I love you so much, and I'll wait for you, Jen. I will."

Heart broken, but he still promised me.

I'm crying, too, but I just squeeze his hands and slightly kiss it, trying to make him feel better.

With that, he pulled me for a soft kiss of goodbye.

Lisa POV

After I visited halmeoni, I went back to Jisoo's house and dressed up to go to my company,

I told Jisoo unnie that I would just have my breakfast outside because I still have to attend business meetings with my investors.

I was about to go inside the cafe, but it seemed like my feet had a mind of their own when I saw Her.

She's kissing a guy whose back was facing me, and I don't understand why my chest suddenly hurt from what I saw.

Even though I'm hungry, I just go straight to the office.

🐥🐈💜

-----

A/N

Advance apologies for using the picture at the top. Even though I don't want to use it, I just need reference.