The Lost

Lisa POV

{This is finally it! Once my embryo is implanted to the surrogate, I just have to wait for nine months. Then, VOILA! I can finally meet my baby. Yes! I can't wait to see my baby. I'm so happy}

---

I thought it was that simple, but it's not.

In five months, I have already lost two of my embryos. Our IVF was unsuccessful. That's the time I started to lose hope.

The first unsuccessful surrogacy, they say, was because of the age of the embryo that it didn't develop.

So we tried to harvest new ones to implant with another surrogate, but unfortunately, our second attempt was another fail because of a faulty uterus that it made my embryo die.

Some might think that it is just an eggs but I already consider my embryos as my babies.

To lose one of them is so hard for me, and to lose two, it really broke my heart into a million pieces.

Losing them is like I have lost some part of me that can never get back.

It took me months and some encouragement from my friends to give it another try. I don't want to give up, and I really want to have a baby.

It is my dream.

Even though it's hard, I did my best to compose myself and continue the program.

I said to myself, {Should my third embryo develop on the surrogate's womb, I will ensure my third baby's safety.}

I will give the surrogate her own room at my mansion and not just in the facility so that I could look after her personally.

Which I did. I even gave her maids to take care of her.

But now I'm drowning myself with the alcohol.

I locked myself inside my room. I don't want to talk to someone.

I even heard Jisoo knocked at my room several times, but I didn't answer her. I know she's worried about me but I can't help it.

I want to forget but I can't. I was really devastated on our third attempt.

I almost have my baby, but when my surrogate went for a check-up, their car got into an accident and died with my baby.

"Damn it!!! AHHHHH!"

I threw the glass against the wall, and some pieces of it hit me, but I didn't feel the pain.

I started to question myself.

{Did I do something wrong that this is happening?!}

{Am I a bad person? I can't be with the one I love, then I won't get my baby either?!}

Knock, knock~

I heard it but I don't want to talk to someone.

"I don't want to talk! Go away!"

Knock, knock~

The sound of the knock irritates me more even if it's just a soft knock.

"I said go away!"

Knock, knock, knock! ~

I can't take it anymore. I stood up and dashed to my door to scold the nuisanced visitor.

But I was frozen to where I'm standing to know who it was.

She seemed surprised but still touched my face.

I felt some pain, but her touch made me feel better, and it soothes me.

And when she pulled me for a hug, I couldn't take it anymore.

I began to cry on her shoulder.

"Jennie."

Jennie POV

I really don't know why I felt that way when Lisa was just choosing her surrogates.

I feel I was left out, and it makes me feel always irritated when we are going to the facility to conduct the program.

But it saddens me when we hear the news about the first embryo. I somewhat felt guilty that I was irritated, I know it's not on the embryo but somehow with the program.

So when Lisa tried the second attempt, I told myself I shouldn't feel the same way I felt before and just support my friend.

But unfortunately it happened again on the second time. And that I know for sure it breaks my heart. That it feels like I also lost my two children. Not only that, it seems like I also lost a lively and caring friend.

{I wanted to hug Lisa, but I couldn't. I want to sympathize with her in her mourning, I want to be there for her, but how?}

Even if we are friends, I'm still her employee, and it's improper for an employee to do those things to her boss. But I really want to and I miss Lisa.

Good thing Jisoo, Seulgi, and her other friends convinced her to go for the third attempt, which I felt proud and admire her for her strong will that she did it.

But that strong willingness didn't take long because of that tragedy, and I again saw her seem lost.

She no longer goes to the office. She almost neglected the company. Fortunately, Jisoo was there to see what was happening in the corporation.

She is always locking herself in her room at her mansion. And I can't take it anymore. I have to be there for her and I want to.

So I decided to go to her mansion to visit her. Her maids and her butlers already know me that I have no difficulty in going to her room.

I'm so nervous but I have to see her

Knock, knock~

"I don't want to talk! Go away!"

Though her shout startled me, I still continued. My hands are trembling that it seems so hard to knock.

Knock, knock~

"I said go away!"

{Be angry, but I still want to see you, Lisa.}

Knock, knock, knock! ~

I was surprised when she opened her door with an angry face. But my heart aches seeing her in her situation.

Then I saw the cuts on her face, I could no longer take it. I tried to wipe the blood, and she slightly winced that it had made me completely touch her face.

I'm still not contented. I pulled her for a hug. I could feel her warm tears flowing down my shoulder, and then I heard her say,

"Jennie"

{I miss you calling my name Lisa.}

🐥🐈

----

A/N

Oh man! This is the most critical part of the story {Maybe, maybe not.} And thank God I made it through. Oh my.. there are still chapters to go🙏

I only heard there are unsuccessful ivf, but the reason about it. I really have no idea whatsoever. So, to push through with the story, I really have to research for it before I write it down. So here it is. Hope you like this Chapter

Please don't forget to vote 💗