Not A Stalker

Halmeoni's Room

Jennie POV

It's been three days, and I noticed that there's always a bouquet of fresh daisies on Halmeoni's side table.

I'm so embarrassed that she might have visitors every morning, and they see me sleeping on her couch and not doing my job.

"I'm so sorry, halmeoni." I bowed my head to apologize

"Why is it my dear? Did you do something?" Halmeoni asked worriedly

"I'm so sorry for not doing my job well, halmeoni. I didn't mean to sleep while watching over you. I understand if you will fire me."

She tapped her side of the bed and motioned me to sit on it. Then I continue.

"I noticed your beautiful fresh flowers every morning on your side table, I think someone visits you here in early morning and sees me sleeping on the couch. I-I'm so ashamed, y-your guest might think I'm abusing your kindness, halmeoni. I'm sorry."

She just chuckled at what I said, then replied.

"It's Lisa, my granddaughter, who visited me here every morning, and the flowers are from hers too. Honey, you don't need to feel bad about it cause I'm the one who always insists that you should take a rest on the couch. I told her you are too tired from doing two jobs and she's fine with it. She said at least she can have 'me' time with me while you were sleeping, and on time, that she is not that busy."

I just nodded, still looking down, and then she continued

"For the meatime, she stays with her best friend, Jisoo. Her house is only a few blocks from here, and since she jogs every morning, she often visits me here. She really loves sending me daisies because it's my favorite."

Remembering her granddaughter made her smile but then immediately changed into a worried face, asking me.

"Oh wait, do you happen to be allergic to flowers, honey? I can ask her not to..."

I immediately shook my hands and then said,

"Oh, no, no, halmeoni, please dont do that. I have no allergies to flowers. Actually, it's one of my favorites, too. My mom used to give me daisies, and she made it a custom to give me blue roses on my birthday. She knows I love flowers."

I explained then, remembering those times with my mom made me tear up.

I don't want to make halmeoni worry, so I immediately turn my back and try to flatten her bed.

"It's already late, halmeoni. You should take a rest now, so you could accommodate your visitor tomorrow morning."

I was still trying to be busy on her bed, but halmeoni immediately caressed my shoulder and said,

"I'm sorry, my dear, I didn't mean to remind you of your mom."

I immediately wiped my tears and smiled so that Halmeoni wouldn't worry about me.

"Now I'm making you worry, halmeoni. I'm sorry."

She just nodded, then patted my shoulder.

"Thinking that my mom and dad are now happy together in heaven, I should be happy too, that's what you told me, right halmeoni?"

She smiled and said

"That's true honey, now don't be sad and stop worrying, just show me that gummy smile of yours."

I immediately comply with her request and smile at her.

I am truly grateful that I work with halmeoni. I have lost my parents, but God still blessed me to meet a very kind and sweet halmeoni.

{Her granddaughter are very lucky.}

Morning Of That Day
Lisa POV

"So, she's the reason why you always come to halmeoni's house recently, huh?"

Jisoo teasingly looks at me

"What are you talking about, unnie? Of course I miss halmeoni and she's near your place, it's only fair that I should always pay her a visit, right unnie?"

I know she's not buying my alibi, then she said,

"Yeah, right, I also miss halmeoni. I should go there with you then to visit her."

Then she added,

"But she's really pretty, huh?"

{Stunningly beautiful unnie}

"Do you think she's still single?" She asks.

"She already has a boyfriend, unnie." I casually said while playing with my food.

She nodded, and her lips formed an O, then said.

"Ohh, okay, just a boyfriend, not a husband yet. I think I like her. Do you think she will like me too?"

This made me choked on my croissant and glared at her.

{Oh no, you don't unnie!}

"Hahaha, I knew it! You like her, Lisa. That's why you look like her stalker."

Unnie really loves to tease me.

"No, I'm not a stalker unnie. What made you think of that." I replied.

"Then why are we here at the diner where she works when we can have our lunch somewhere else. Uhmm, their chicken lollipops taste good, though."

She's enjoying her food while teasing me.

It is lunch time and I invited Jisoo unnie to have lunch here at the diner where Jennie works. But of course, I just told her I wanted to try the diner just across my building.

She happened to see how I glanced at Jennie's, and then she started teasing me. I have no choice, and I don't want to lie to unnie, so I told her that the one who serves us food is halmeoni's night care assistant, which ended us in this conversation.

"See, unnie, you also love their food in here."

She smirked and then replied.

"Dont change the topic duckie, in just three days, you already know she has a boyfriend? Now I'm curious, what else do you know if you really are not into her."

I almost blow the juice I'm drinking on her face

"Yah, unnie! Please lower your voice."

My face now turning red of embarrassment.

"Spill it out now, duckie. I know you so well, you can't hide from me."

She genuinely reminded me.

{Unnie really knows me like the back of her hands} "

"Aish unnie.. fine! I do like her, happy?"

This made her clapped her hands.

"Yes, finally someone captures my precious dongsaeng's very aloof eyes.. I bet your heart, too. Don't worry dongsaeng I'll help you to her"

She said while showing me her naughty smile.

{I fully trust my unnie, but that smile of her makes me worry. Aish}

🐈🐥🐇