Chapter 7: Heartsteel's Rise

Akali lounged on her couch, remote in hand, flipping through channels. The TV screen flashed with images of celebrities, concerts, and interviews. Suddenly, a familiar face caught her attention. It was Kayn, seated confidently in a plush chair across from a popular talk show host.

"Kayn, Heartsteel's rise to fame has been nothing short of meteoric," the host began, her voice filled with admiration. "How does it feel to be the new sensation of the music world?"

Kayn leaned back, a smirk playing on his lips. "It feels like destiny. I've always known I was meant for greatness. It's about time the world caught up."

Akali rolled her eyes at his bravado but continued watching, intrigued. Despite her own challenges, she couldn't help but keep an eye on Kayn's rise. She saw his interviews, his social media posts flaunting his new lavish lifestyle, and the not-so-subtle jabs at K/DA. But what concerned her most was the name backing Heartsteel: Silco Records.

The host laughed, "Always the confident one, aren't you? Tell us about your journey. How did Heartsteel come to be?"

Kayn's smirk faded a bit, replaced by a more contemplative expression. "It's been a rollercoaster. I've faced my share of challenges, but joining Heartsteel... it felt right. We're here to revolutionize music. I've made the offer to others before, but nobody could handle the idea - until now."

Akali felt a pang of guilt, remembering that day, years ago, when she dismissed Kayn's suggestion to launch a new music genre together.

"And you've signed with Silco Records. That's a big deal," the host pressed.

Kayn hesitated for a fraction of a second. "Yeah, they saw our potential. With their backing, there's no stopping us."

The interview continued, but Akali's thoughts were elsewhere. She remembered her own early days with Silco Records, the promises, the allure, and the eventual entrapment. She wondered whether Silco was propelling Heartsteel's rapid ascent as a way to undermine and punish her for forming True Damage. She felt a pang of worry for Kayn.