Chapter 10: Kayn's Revenge

The city was abuzz with anticipation. Everywhere Akali went, there were whispers about the upcoming Heartsteel concert. Billboards, TV spots, and radio jingles all touted it as the "concert of the decade." But what caught everyone's attention the most was Kayn's audacious remarks about K/DA in almost every interview he gave.

During a live GC radio broadcast, the host asked, "Kayn, there's been a lot of talk about Heartsteel's rapid rise and how it compares to K/DA's trajectory. Any thoughts?"

Kayn, with his signature cocky grin, responded, "K/DA had their moment, but it's time for new blood. Music evolves, and Heartsteel is that next evolution. Akali and her crew should probably take notes at our concert."

"Speaking of Akali, you two used to be friends right?" the host asked.

A look of annoyance appeared on Kayn's face. "K/DA's rapper has become so famous she can't even keep in touch with her old friends. How is it that I can't even get a text back? Akali, if you're watching this, reply to my text!"

In another televised interview, when shown a clip of True Damage's latest music video, Kayn smirked and remarked, "Flashy visuals, but where's the substance? Heartsteel is here to bring depth back to music. No offense to Akali, but maybe she should stick to what she knows best."

Akali tried to ignore the jabs, but it was hard. Everywhere she went, fans and reporters alike would ask her about Kayn's comments. It was a welcome relief when her K/DA bandmates told her they were ready to hit the stage once more. And with the addition of the young and talented Seraphine, their comeback seemed unstoppable.

One evening, after a particularly gruelling rehearsal, Akali and the K/DA members sat down for a quick bite, and the topic inevitably turned to Heartsteel.

Evelynn, flipping her long white hair, commented, "Kayn's just trying to get under your skin, Akali. He's always been a show-off."

Kaisa, taking a sip of her drink, added, "He's just using this as a publicity stunt. Everyone loves a rivalry, and he's playing it up."

Akali let out a sigh. Her bandmates meant well trying to comfort her, but they didn't understand that the growing gap between them was her fault.

Ahri, ever the voice of reason, said, "Let him talk. We'll respond with our music. That's what we do best."

The tension between Akali and Kayn was palpable, and the media lapped it up. Every comment, every tweet, every interview was dissected and analyzed. The music world was divided, with fans taking sides and debates raging on social media.

The days leading up to Heartsteel's mega concert were a whirlwind. The media was abuzz with speculations, fan theories, and predictions. Kayn was everywhere - on TV interviews, magazine covers, and radio shows. His confidence was palpable, and his words always carried a hint of challenge, especially when it came to K/DA.

Akali, on the other hand, was growing increasingly concerned. She had seen artists rise and fall, and she knew the dangers of hubris. She thought about reaching out to Kayn multiple times, but he seemed to be on a different plane, surrounded by yes-men and blinded by the spotlight.