Chapter 25: The Escape

Kayn, with a determined stride, led the group of musicians through the maze-like corridors of Silco's facility. Akali, matching his pace, was right beside him. Every few steps, she would whisper commands to Evelynn and Ahri. The two, still trapped in their altered states, moved like sleepwalkers, responsive to directives but devoid of any self-initiative.

"Left," Akali's voice was barely audible.

Her sharp eyes caught a movement down the corridor. Without missing a beat, Akali lunged, swiftly incapacitating the man who had earlier escorted them to the dreaded programming room.

The atmosphere grew palpably tense as the group moved deeper into the facility. It wasn't just the handlers they had to worry about. Security guards, armed and alert, patrolled the hallways, and even doctors in pristine white lab coats seemed to be in on Silco's nefarious plot. Each encounter was a dance of danger, with Akali and Kayn seamlessly coordinating their moves, taking down foes before alarms could be sounded. The sheer number of adversaries made them wonder: just how vast was this web of evil?

As they turned a corner, they stumbled upon a cell, its door ajar. Inside, Sett was chained to the wall, his usually fierce demeanor replaced by one of defeat. But upon seeing Akali and Kayn, a spark returned to his eyes.

"They got you too?" Kayn asked, quickly working on his restraints.

Sett flexed his muscles, breaking the remaining chains. "Yone," he spat out, "He sold me out when I started digging into your vanishing act."

Further down the corridor, they found Ekko, Senna, Qiyana and Yasuo trapped in similar cells. They looked worn out, their spirits almost broken. But the sight of familiar faces brought hope.

"We tried to fight back," Ekko explained, his voice hoarse. "After True Damage, we thought we could change things. But they caught us. Suggested we go on a 'retreat'. It wasn't optional."

"We won't let them get away with this," Senna spat.

The group, now larger and more determined, continued their escape. But as they neared the exit, a chilling voice echoed through the corridor.

"You really thought it would be that easy?"

Yone stepped into the dim light, his blade gleaming menacingly. His eyes, once filled with wisdom, now reflected nothing but cold emptiness.