Chapter 11: Rhaast - The Demon Within

The stage was set, lights dimmed, and the crowd's anticipation palpable. Kayn stood backstage, taking a deep breath, trying to calm his racing heart. Every performance was a battle, not just with the crowd or the critics, but with himself. Or more precisely, with Rhaast.

"Obey me!" Rhaast's voice echoed in his mind, a constant reminder of the training he had undergone at Silco's behest. The memories were hazy, but the nightmares were vivid. Dark rituals, chants, and an overwhelming sense of being trapped.

"Get out of my head," Kayn snapped irritably.

Beside him, Aphelios raised an eyebrow.

Kayn shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. He needed to focus. But Rhaast was relentless. "I won't be ignored, and I won't be quiet. You'll never surpass Akali without me," the voice sneered.

The music started, and Kayn stepped onto the stage. The crowd roared, but all he could hear was Rhaast. "Your dark side won't stay bottled up forever, so let it rage!"

As Kayn began his performance, he felt the familiar tug, the pull of Rhaast trying to take control. Mid-performance, Rhaast's voice grew louder, more demanding. "Take off your shirt, Kayn!"

"I am not taking off my shirt!" Kayn snapped back, trying to stay in rhythm.

"Do it!" Rhaast insisted.

Kayn, feeling the pressure and not wanting to disappoint the crowd, reluctantly removed his shirt, revealing a toned physique. The crowd went wild, but Kayn felt exposed, vulnerable. "It's off! Are you happy now?" he retorted, trying to regain his composure as Sett took the lead, delivering his lines to a screaming crowd.

Rhaast laughed, a dark, mocking sound. "Lazy, mediocre... do it better."

"I am!" Kayn shot back, pushing himself harder, pouring all his energy into the performance.

"You want it, you have to take it. So let's run wild," Rhaast urged.

The final note resonated, and the crowd erupted in applause. Kayn, drenched in sweat and exhaustion, took a bow. But as he exited the stage, his thoughts drifted to Akali. Fury brimming, he smashed his custom guitar against the stage, shattering it to pieces. The crowd cheered, thinking it was part of the act as he pointed at the camera and spat: "Love me, hate me, either way, I'm on your mind."

"You pretend to be so cold, but I know better," Rhaast laughed.

"Shut it," Kayn snapped.

Sett gave him an odd look as they headed off stage. "Something up? That guitar had to be worth a few grand."

"I'm fine," Kayn grunted.

Backstage, as he caught his breath, the weight of his dual existence pressed down on him. The battle with Rhaast was taking its toll. He needed help, but who could he turn to? Sett and Aphelios were busy fixing their costumes while K'sante and Ezreal were rehydrating at the snack table. Would any of them believe him?

As he pondered these questions, the haunting voice of Rhaast echoed once more, "You can't escape me, Kayn. We're in this together."