ᴘᴀʀᴛ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴᴛʜ

Alam

"Hello, am I speaking with Alam Brown" A lady asked when Alam answered, "Yea"

"Ok we were told to call you about your brother Rakari Smith, hes currently being held here and need an adult to come pick him up in order to leave" The lady said making Alam sigh, "Im on my way" Alam said before getting up leaving.

Pulling up to the police station walking in seeing Rakari in hand cuffs sitting on the bench, signing him out before they walked to his car.

"Im sorry Alam" Rakari said, breaking the silence, "Im sorry bro. I just got too much going on Alam, I lied bro. "

"Lied about what" Alam asked, driving to his house.

"About not needing you. I didn't have nobody else to call but I knew you'd be there if I called you, and you showed me dat. Im sorry man, taking this out on you was low as hell"

"Its ight Rakari" Alam sighed, turning the car off.

"Ill be back" Alam said before Rakari got out, going to Armani house. She been distant towards him lately.

Dangling the knob surprisingly it was unlocked, closing the door going to Armani room.

Walking in seeing her painting and listening to music, "Yeen see me text you" Alam asked her, closing her door.

Shaking her head, "My phone off"

"Don't you got wifi" Alam mugged her. Sighing, "Thats off too"

"Damn Armani why youn ask me for nun" Alam mugged her.

Armani got up, "Alam its not your problem. Ill be ok for a couple days"

Going to the bathroom to wash her hands Alam followed her, "What the fuck im supposed da do"

"Come here like you do alla time" Armani shrugged, drying her hands off.

Going back into her room, "Lemme pay for it" Alam said but Armani shook her head, "You've done enough"

"Armani what happened to the rest of the money" Alam asked

"I had da buy groceries alam. We didn't have nothing"

"2 thousand though?"

"I dont know where the rest went" Armani mumbled. She had only spent 750 on groceries but the other 1250 disappeared, she didn't wanna tell him her sister took it.

"So you just got it like that huh? to where you can just lose it?" Alam scoffed.

"No but-"

"There's no but, how much is yo phone bill" Alam cut her off, "125"

Pulling out a stack passing it to her, "Armani put this shit in yo bank"

"Thank you Alam" Armani mumbled before putting the money on her night stand.

"Where you going" Alam mugged her, "Work"

"Where yo sister" Alam asked, "Uhhh im not sure"

"You gonna take me?" She asked making him nod, getting up they walked to his car. Opening her door before going on his side getting in.

"You hungry?" Alam asked and Armani shook her head, "I ate noodles"

Armani really humbled Alam. He loved how positive she stayed.

Pulling up to mall, "Armani if you need anything you know you can call me?"

"Yeah but ion wanna have to depend on someone else because of something I did."

"Whatchu mean because of something you did?" Alam scrunched his face up, "Me letting my bills pile up like this, that's my fault."

"Armani you paying for two grown mufuckas, that's not yo fault"

"But it is. I should've been tol her it was time for her to get a job" Armani said.

"Why you didn't?" Alam asked.

"Everytime I brung it up, she got mad at me" She mumbled, "Speak up"

Exhaling, "She got mad everytime I brung it, nobody wanna argue everyday"

"Armani at some point you needa think about yourself. She sees you struggling and shes not tryna help you"

"Im not kicking my sister out Alam"

"Don't. Im not telling you to, but when the fuck is she gon grow the fuck up? Sheen a kid she needa get a job"

"Ok Alam" , "Can you come get me at 8?" Armani asked making Alam nod his head.

When she got out he went back to his house. Walking in seeing Rakari on the couch drawing.

"Whatchu do?" Alam asked.

"Ian do shit, it was da people i was around" Rakari said

"You snitched?" Alam asked

"Na they had guns onnem." Rakari chuckled, picking up a red Crayola crayon.

"You didn't?" Alam asked making Rakari shake his head, "Not my passion" He said making Alam chuckle.

"You still trying out for basketball?" Alam asked

"Yeah, tryouts next week" Rakari said, "Thats wassup" Alam mumbled before going to his room, grabbing his book from out his drawer,

November 15, 2023

To Armani,
I think I love you girl. You make me feel good about myself. You deserve so much yo and I swear as long as im here you gon get that.

Sincerely,
Alam