do you want it to be real?

Olivia's gaze shifts between Jenna and me, her expression hardening and her eyebrows slightly furrowed. She doesn't say anything and instead turns around and storms away.

My eyes shift between Jenna and Olivia now, feeling torn and uncertain of what to do.

I decide to go after Olivia. As I weave through the crowd, I catch glimpses of Isa and the others, but my focus is on finding Olivia.

I find her by the kitchen, rapidly downing shots of alcohol.

"Olivia, I can explain..."

She turns to me her cup in her hand, "Why would you need to explain anything, Y/N? This was part of the plan, wasn't it? It worked. Jenna wants you back." She smiles bitterly, before lifting the cup to her face and downing another shot.

Hold up, wasn't she just talking to Josh earlier? Why is she mad at me for talking to Jenna?

I gently grab her arm, urging her to stop drinking. "Olivia, are you mad at me? I didn't kiss her or anything."

"I'm not mad."

Olivia looks at me, her expression neutral, "So, are you and Jenna a thing now?"

"No, we're not," I reply firmly. "She was just... It's more complicated than that," I say, not wanting to reveal Jenna's personal problems. "We're not a thing"

I don't want Jenna back anymore. I want you.

Olivia's gaze softens for a moment, "Oh."

"Are you and Josh a thing now?" I retort, taking Olivia's drink from her hand and chugging it myself, preparing myself to hear the answer.

Olivia watches me drink from her cup, a flicker of surprise on her face. "No, we're not a thing...He just wanted to talk about...something unrelated to us."

Oh so he didn't make a move on her? Olivia and I are still in this fake dating thing? I wonder if that's why she's upset - because Jenna tried to make a move on me before Josh made a move on her.

"Is that why you're upset?"

She sighs, avoiding eye contact. "I don't want to talk about this anymore. Let's dance."

Olivia's sudden change of mood catches me off guard, but I decide to go along with it. The blasting music fills the air as we move to the dance floor. I see Isa, Conan, and Madison dancing along as well.

I try to lose myself in the music, hoping that, for a moment, I can forget about this whole complicated mess. The room starts spinning slightly, and I realise that the alcohol is finally starting to catch up to me.

I can tell that the several shots Olivia had taken had started to take effect. She seems lost in the music, dancing like there's no one around her.

It reminded me of the first time I ever saw her through my bedroom window, dancing carefree with a hairbrush in her hand.

As we dance, the gap between us narrows, and Olivia's movements become more synchronized with mine.

Lost in the music, I forget about Jenna, about Josh, and about the intricacies of our fake relationship. In this moment, it's just Olivia and me, dancing away the complications, and for a brief moment, it feels real.

Our faces are close to each other, and even with how drunk I am and how undeniably attracted I am to Olivia, I use all the energy within me to resist the urge to lean in and kiss her.

Olivia likes Josh. Olivia likes Josh. Olivia likes Josh.

Thinking of an excuse to distance myself from Olivia, I tell her that I need to go to the bathroom. It's not a complete lie, because I actually do need to pee. Olivia nods, and I turn to walk to the nearest bathroom.