you dawg

Saturday morning arrives, and I wake up with a giddy feeling. The sunlight filters through my window, casting a warm glow on the room. As I stretch and yawn, a smile naturally tugs at the corners of my lips.

With anticipation, I pull the curtains back to see if Olivia is awake too. Her curtains are closed. She must be sleeping still. I walk downstairs, greeting my mom with a wide smile.

My mom looks at me with an eyebrow raised, "Good night last night?"

I get flashbacks from the events of last night and my cheeks heat up.

"Let me guess, Olivia?"

I look at her weirdly. Did she see me outside with Olivia last night?

"What? Why do you say that?"

"Oh, honey, I'm your mom. I know everything. I knew from the moment we had dinner at their house that first time."

My face heats up. I didn't even know I liked Olivia then.

I decide to change the subject, "Are you working today?"

"Yup, I'm leaving soon but I have an AA meeting after work so I'll be back by like 8"

I nod, grabbing some eggs and making breakfast. After saying bye to mom and eating breakfast, I make my way back to my bedroom. I glance at Olivia's bedroom. Her curtains are still closed.

It's 12pm now. She probably still catching up on sleep.

I go to my bed and listen to some music. After a while I check on my window again.

Its 2pm. Her curtains are still closed. She must be REALLY tired from last night.

I catch up on some homework before going on my phone.

4pm. Her curtains are still closed.

I feel my stomach sink. Is she avoiding me?

By 8pm, my mom comes home. Olivia hasn't opened her curtains the whole day. No texts. Nothing. I walk downstairs trying to ignore the disappointment washing over me.

"Hey mom, how was the meeting"

She looks at me with a giddy smile, "It was great"

I look at her with my eyebrow raised. I recognise that behaviour. When she smiles like that and talks in a pitch higher. It only happened once in Glendale but I know exactly what it means.

She's got a crush.

"Who is it?"

She looks at me, "Who is what?"

"This guy that you're crushing on."

Now she stops in her tracks and looks at me weirdly. I mock her from what she said earlier, "Oh mom, I'm your daughter. I know everything"

She rolls her eyes, a smile on her face. She changes the subject, "Did you eat?"

I nod, sitting on the dining table and watching my mom eat her dinner. I listen to her tell me how her day went at work. I try not to think about last night or the pretty neighbour that I can't get off my mind.

--

By Sunday, I still haven't heard anything from Olivia. Her curtains remain closed. I've been trying to think all day about what I could've done wrong that night. Does she regret what happened in the bathroom?

___________________________________________________
bestie 👹

i think she's avoiding me