PART - 44

Note - Guys, a small info, the conversation in the story between people always takes place in their mother tongue i.e Hindi+Rajasthani except if the people involved in the conversation belong to a different country or region. I don't want to write everything in Hindi and then translate it, so I write in English as it is comfortable that way. But, they won't speak in English except for a few times. Hope it's clear now... Please do imagine that way. I feel it's not justified to converse in any other language other than mother tongue as generally that's what happens in every household. You won't get the essence until you speak in your mother tongue, I feel.

***************************************************************************************

"Avyan, Will you tell me what happened to ma ??", Isha asked, worried for her mother-in-law

"We'll talk in the car bhabhi sa, let's go", Avyan said and Isha nodded... Nupur got Isha's bag understanding the urgency, Isha thanked her and left with her brother-in-law...

Isha is about to settle in the passenger seat when Avyan suddenly remembers that his brother ordered Bhairav to burn his car if ever Isha sits in it...

"Bhabhi sa... Woh... (that...)", Avyan started and Isha understood what was going on in her brother-in-law's mind, her husband's warnings are not that easy to forget, they send chills to anyone...

"Avyan, I'll take care of it, for now let's go...", Isha said settling in, she no longer had patience, she is very worried for Amruta...

"Bhabhi sa...", Avyan sighed before settling in the driver seat... "This is my favorite car, I bought it with 3 years of savings, please don't let anything happen to it", Avyan requested wearing his seat belt and driving off...

"Avyan... Seriously ?? Now tell me what happened to ma", she asked, Avyan took a deep breath before starting with the story...

"Ma woke up late in the morning as she had a slight headache, she was rushing downstairs to prepare lunch for bhai sa to send him when she slipped and fell off the stairs, her ankle and knees are badly hurt, luckily the injury wasn't life-threatening as her head was safe from the hit, but her knees need an operation...", Avyan completed, and Isha's eyes teared up and soon she started sobbing blaming herself for the mishap, if she was there, her mother-in-law wouldn't have rushed things...

"Bhabhi sa, please control yourself... She is fine, please just convince her to get the operation done... The doctors gave her the basic treatment but they need the patient's consent as well as the family's for the surgery which she isn't willing to give...", Avyan said

"Did you inform your bhai sa ??", Isha asked after wiping her tears, still her heart ached a lot for her mother-in-law... Avyan's face turned bitter hearing her...

"Bhai sa, please come here... Ma slipped from the stairs, I rushed her to the hospital... She is fine now but doctors said she needs knee surgery", Avyan informed his brother over the phone...

"Okay... Go to the office and take care of the work there...", Abhyansh said shocking Avyan...

"Bhai sa... Ma needs surgery and I...", Avyan started but Abhyansh cut him off...

"Are you going to perform the surgery ?? Just get back to work Avyan", Abhyansh said hanging up...

How could he be so heartless ?? After those cruel words, Avyan didn't have the courage to inform him of his mother's demand, he went back to convince her but she is very stubborn, that's when he rushed to his bhabhi sa for help...

"Did you or did you not Avyan ??", Isha asked

"I did bhabhi sa..", Avyan said taking a deep sigh...

"then ?? What did he say ??", Isha asked, she knew her husband's hatred for her mother-in-law but he at least would have asked about her condition right ??