Chapter 2: Cheer up

Four made his way down the hallway, sunlight shining through the windows onto the old rug. He smiled as he heard a few sounds in the kitchen, X must be making something.. Four walked into the kitchen, his smile immediately dropping as he saw what was going on. X was standing by the coffee pot, but at the table sat Two. Why was Two here!? Four felt hate rise in him again, eyes narrowing before he walked closer.

"Good morning, X." Four grinned, though it came out as more of a grimace.. "Care to tell me why Two is here?" He tried to keep his annoyance subtle, but failed horribly. "Oh- uh.. It's kind of hard to explain.." X glances over at Two, waiting for them to explain to Four. Two smiles widely at Four, setting down the mug they held. "I hope you don't mind, Four, but the producers completely shut down my show for some reason. I don't exactly have anywhere to go at the moment, so X offered to let me stay here for a little?"

Four frowned " 'Your' show." Two just shrugged.. "Yeah, I couldn't believe it either! They didn't even give me a good reason!".. Four took a small breath, trying to keep his cool. Knowing that TPOT was canceled gave Four a bit of comfort, but he somehow still didn't feel happy about it, and having Two in his house didn't help whatsoever. He didn't even know that Two and X still talked, he felt a little annoyed at X for not asking him first, but Four couldn't stay mad at X, especially not with his anger focused on Two.

"How long are they gonna be here?" Four walked over to X and the coffee pot, grabbing an empty mug for himself. "We're.. Not sure yet, but it'll be alright!" X smiled at Four, who gave a half smile back and poured his mug full of coffee, blowing on it a little before sipping it. "You drink your coffee with nothing in it-?" Two stared at Four with a look of confusion. Four just glanced at Two, not responding. God, he already hated this. Two frowned a little at Fours expression "Oh, cheer up mate, I'm only trying to make conversation.." Two gave a bit of an awkward smile, and Four just stared before X nudged him. "I- uh, right." he glances back down at his mug, not wanting to talk to Two at all.

"Look, uh- i would stay and chit chat, but i gotta go- go to work.." Four cringed internally at his own stutter as he downed the rest of his coffee, walking out of the kitchen. Two and X glance at each other as Four walks out. Once Four is gone, X walks over to the table, sitting across from Two. "Is he alright?" Two raises an eyebrow, glancing over to where Four exited. "Yeah, he's just-..... Not a morning person, really.." X gives an awkward laugh, also glancing to where four left.

" X gives an awkward laugh, also glancing to where four left

"I'm sure he'll warm up to you soon.."