Chapter 5: Snap Out Of It

As X finally woke up and made his way to the kitchen, he was Four and Two sitting at the kitchen table, Four staring into his cereal bowl and Two awkwardly glancing around. Two glances over at X, smiling. "Good Morning, X!" they exclaimed, eyes full of energy. "Morning X.." Four mumbled, barely glancing up at X. "Good.. morning, guys!" X gave a little awkward smile at the tension in the air, moving to make himself a bowl of cereal.

X sat down next to Two, across from Four as well. It wasn't anything big, but it just bothered Four a bit, X usually sat next to him, and now Two is disrupting that as well. Four shifted his focus back to his cereal for a bit until X spoke up. "Hey Four, I need to go to the art store today, I need some canvases.." X glanced up at Four, who nodded a little, glancing at Two for a second. "Does Two have to come..?" Two frowned a bit at Fours question, but X answered "I would like for them to." before they could say anything. Four frowns a little, stirring around a piece of cereal. "Okay.."

X's face lit up with a smile. "Thanks Four!" he stood up, putting his empty bowl in the sink. "Can we go soon? It gets really busy after morning" X asks. Four glanced up at X, nodding a little and finishing his cereal, standing up and putting the bowl in the sink as well. Four grabs the car keys from the counter, and X grabs Two's arm, excitedly rushing outside. Four's eyes narrowed a little at the contact, but didn't say anything as he dragged his feet out the door as well.

By the time Four got to the car, X and Two were in the back seat, buckling up. Four took note of this as well, X usually sitting in the passenger seat. He didn't like all this changing with Two around. Two and X whispered a little bit in the back seat as Four started to drive.

Four didn't really care about the whispering for a few minutes, but they just. Kept. whispering. And he was starting to get paranoid.. Were they whispering about him..? He felt like his mind was tricking him, causing to pick up words that weren't even being said. Four tries to drown out their giggles and whispers by turning the radio up, which Two and X just give a confused glance to in response before going back to their giggling.

He kept driving, trying to block out the sounds and paranoia, zoned out a little bit before he quickly snapped back to reality as the car in front of him suddenly stopped for the red light. Four slammed on the brakes, barely stopping in time and cringing a little at the fact he almost caused an accident. Two grabs their seat belt and X just lets himself be jerked back by his own seat belt, both looking up at Four with a confused look.

 Two grabs their seat belt and X just lets himself be jerked back by his own seat belt, both looking up at Four with a confused look

Two put a hand on Four's shoulder, "Are you okay?" They sounded genuinely concerned.. Four didn't react for a minute. Then he glanced at his shoulder, realizing it was Two's hand and quickly shrugging their hand off of him. "I'm fine." he replied harshly, pulling into the parking lot of the art store.

He parked the car and X quickly got out, dragging Two inside the store with him while Four waited in the car. Two and X came back with a few canvases after a bit, a little longer than it should have taken them, but Four didn't care. He started the car back up and drove off once Two and X buckled up, driving silently back home...