Chapter 14: Really bad timing

warnings for this chapter: Slightly gory art :3 

Two peeked under the door, hope filling them as they recognized x's legs. They still aren't sure if Four is there or not, so they don't bang on the door. "X?" They whisper, hoping for an answer

X, hearing his name being whispered from the basement, takes a step back, thinking that he's just hearing things. "Hello..?" He answers, at a normal volume. "Is Four here?" Two whispers back. "No, are- are you ok? Is that Two?" X stepped closer to the door, pressing his hands against it.

Two hesitated, not wanting to freak X out. "That doesn't matter right now, are you able to unlock the door?" Two no longer whispered, knowing Four would not hear. "No, Four has the key, I think he knows I've been suspicious, why are you in there??" Two frowned, realizing X did not remember finding them previously.

"I'm not sure myself, just- what kind of lock is on the door?" Two waited for an answer, breathing quietly. "It's a padlock, on a latch." X replied. Two grinned, an idea coming to them. "Here.." They slide the nail file under the door. X's eyes widen, smiling as he grabs the file, not wasting any time moving to start trying to file through the latch.

Two impatiently waits for the door to open, nervously scratching their hand. "Is it working?" They ask. "Kind of, just give me a bit.." X kept filing until-

Thud.

The lock fell to the floor and X quickly opened the door, causing Two to fall back a little. His smile quickly shifts to a look of horror as he sees the state Two is in.Two looks up at X, emotion overwhelming them. They just break out into sobs as X drops to their level and hugs them tightly. "Jesus, Christ! What happened to you!?" Two pulled themself together, sniffling and wiping their eyes.

"No time to explain, I need to get out of here, Four's genuinely insane, mate!" X frowned, his suspicions being confirmed. "I... oh my god.." He didn't want to believe Four would do something like this, but all the evidence was in front of him, literally.

"I'm coming with you." X's expression hardens as he stands up, grabbing Two's hand and pulling them to a standing position, leaning them on his shoulder to keep pressure off their knees. "But- what about Four?" Two frowned, not wanting to divide the two. "Forget about Four, look at you!" X didn't even bother trying to pack anything, immediately heading for the door.

He opens the door, freezing.