25. Figuring Things Out *

"Oh no, look what you've done, left me the victim of a hit and run" ~ Return The Favour, All Time Low

"I have good news," McGonagall says, three says before the exams we're still being forced to so, despite the circumstances.

"You've caught the Heir of Slytherin!" A girl squeals from the Ravenclaw table.

"You've found Haylee Potter and Asher Saunters?" A Hufflepuff yells.

Tay and I share a sad look, and I squeeze her hand. She's the only other person right now that understands.

"Quidditch matches are back on!" Oliver roars excitedly.

"Professor Sprout has informed me that the Mandrakes are ready for cutting at last. Tonight, we will be able to revive all those people who have been Petrified. I need hardly remind you all that one of them may well be able to tell us who, or what attacked them, and where Mr. Saunters and Miss Potter are -" she pauses and looks sympathetically at Tay and I, before continuing. "- I am hopeful that this dreadful year will end with our catching the culprit."

There is an explosion of cheering, and Ron looks happier than I've seen him in weeks.

"It won't matter that we never asked Myrtle, then!" He says. "Hermione'll probably have the answers when they wake her up! Mind you, she'll go mad when she finds out we've got exams in three days' time. She hasn't revised. It might be kinder to leave her where she is till they're over."

Just now, Ginny comes over and sits beside Ron. She looks tense and nervous, and I can see that her hands are twisted it her lap.

"What's up?" Ron asks her.

She doesn't say anything, instead she just glances up and down the table with a scared look on her face. It reminds me of someone, but I can't put my finger on it.

"What is it, Ginny?" Tay asks. "Is it Asher? Because I'm sure he's fine."

Dobby. She reminds me of Dobby.

She's rocking back and forth slightly in her chair, exactly like Dobby did when he was on the edge of telling Haylee and I serious information.

"I've got to tell you something," Ginny mumbles, carefully avoiding looking at me.

"What is it?" I ask her.
She opens her mouth, but she seems like she can't find the words.
"What?" Ron questions.

"Is it something about the Chamber of Secrets?" I ask her, quietly so only the four of us can hear it. "Have you seen something? Someone acting oddly?"

Ginny takes a deep breath and opens her mouth to speak, but at that precise moment, Percy appears, looking tired.

"If you've finished eating, I'll take that seat, Ginny. I'm starving, I've only just come off patrol duty."

Ginny jumps up, as if the chair was just electrified, gives Percy a fleeting, frightened look and hurries away. Percy simply sits down casually.

"Percy!" Ron says angrily. "She was just about to tell us something important!"

Halfway through a gulp of tea, Percy choke.

"What sort of thing?" He coughs.
"I just asked her if she's seen anything odd, and she started to say -"

"Oh - that - that's nothing to so with the Chamber of Secrets," he says at once.

"How do you know?" Tay asks, raising her eyebrows.

"Well, er, if you must know, Ginny, er, walked in on me the other day when I was - well, never mind - the point is, she spotted me doing something and I, um, I asked her not to mention it to anybody. I must say, I did think she'd keep her word. It's nothing, really, I'd just rather -"