3. Floo Powder *

"Just talk yourself up, and tear yourself down" ~ For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic, Paramore

"Right." Mrs Weasley says, as we all gather around the Weasley fireplace, preparing to go to Diagon Alley.

Mrs Weasley turns to face us, with a small, metal container filled with some sort of strange powder, in her hands.

"Alright, Harry, dear, you go first." She says.

Harry and I look to each other and share a confused glance.

What does she expect us to do?

"But Harry and Haylee have never travelled by Floo Powder before, Mum." Ron pipes up.

"Floo powder?"

"You go first then, Ron, so that Harry and Haylee can see how it's done." Mrs Weasley says, ushering Ron into the fireplace.

Ron takes a handful of the strange powder and we all take a small step away.

"Diagon Alley!" Ron says loudly, before dropping the powder down onto the ground.
Almost instantly, Ron is engulfed in green flames, before disappearing.

"You see? It's quite easy, dear. Don't be afraid, Come on."

A startled looking Harry steps into the fireplace next and I send him a comforting look.

"Now, your Floo powder."

Harry takes a handful of powder and Mrs Weasley steps back.

"Don't forget to speak very, very clearly." She says.

"Diagonally." Harry says, before dropping the Floo powder.
The green flames engulf him and he disappears.

"What did he say, dear?" Mrs Weasley asks.
"Diagonally." Mr Weasley replies.

"I thought he did."

"So what will happen to him then?" I ask, worried. "Where's he going to go?"

George places a hand on my shoulder and Mr Weasley smiles slightly.

"Don't worry, Haylee, your brother can't of gone far." He reassures me.
"We'll find him once we reach the Alley." Percy adds.

"Now, come on, Haylee, you next." Mrs Weasley says.

I reluctantly enter the fireplace and take my handful of Floo powder.

"Remember, dear, you must speak clearly." Mrs Weasley tells me. "And don't get off until you see Ron."

I nod my head weakly and take a deep breath.

Here goes nothing.

"Diagon Alley!" I say, dropping the Floo powder.

It all happens very quickly, and it suddenly feels like I've been sucked into a black hole.
The roaring noise is deafening and it feels like I'm spinning.

Finally, I stop spinning and I fall into a new fireplace.

"Haylee?" I hear Ron's voice, as he grabs my hand and helps me to my feet. "Where's Harry? I thought he was gonna go next."

"He didn't speak clearly enough," I explain, "your mum and dad said that he's probably around here somewhere."

"Oh, okay, I guess we'll just wait for them then." Ron shrugs his shoulders slightly, as we move to the side of the fireplace.

"Haylee? Ron!" Another familiar voice appears, making us both wipe our heads around in search of the owner.

Running towards us, is Hermione Granger; my best friend.

"Mione!" I exclaim happily as she reaches us.
I pull her into a hug, as Fred and then George pop out of the fireplace.

"Where's Harry?" Hermione asks, looking around, as slowly the rest of Ron's family appear from the fireplace.

"Got himself lost somewhere in Diagon Alley." George explains.
"He didn't speak clearly enough, the idiot." Fred jokes.

"Come on, Haylee, he can't have gotten far." Hermione says, grabbing my hand and dragging me outside.

Sure enough, walking down the Alley, accompanied by Hagrid, is Harry.

"Harry! Hagrid!"

"Hello, Haylee, Hermione." Hagrid says cheerfully.

"It's so good to see you." Hermione says to Harry.
"It's great to see you too."

"You'll be alright now then, Harry? Right. I'll you you to it." Hagrid says.

"Bye." We all say as Hagrid walks away.

"Come on, everyone's been so worried." I say, as we lead Harry into Florish and Blotts, where everyone else is waiting.

"Oh, Harry!" Mrs Weasley exclaims in relief. "Thank goodness. We'd hoped you'd only gone one grate too far."

Hermione taps me on the shoulder and I turn to see a man and women that I expect to be her parents.

"Oh, hello." I say politely.
"You must be Haylee." Her mother smiles. shaking my hand. "Hermione's told us all about you."

"Pleasure to meet you both." I reply.

"That's one nasty scar you've got yourself there." Mr Granger comments, his eyes glued to the lightening bolt scar upon my forehead.

"You have no idea."

______________________________________________

Okay guys holy shit. Book 1 is on 2k reads! I can't believe it. Thank you all so much :))

Please remember to vote/comment/follow and I'll return the favour.

Also, I'd like to say how much I appreciate and love the comments you leave, so please, please comment! It seriously makes my day to read them.

*this chapter has been edited*