27. Tom Marvolo Riddle *

"Will you remember this night twenty years now on" ~ Stay Together For the Kids, Blink 182

Haylee's p.o.v

I've been here for God knows how long...days, weeks, months? Will somebody ever find us?

My head is still throbbing violently from multiple impacts and Asher is still on the ground beside me, not moving.

Except now, Ginny is on the other side of Asher, looking just as ghastly and pale.

I curse loudly, and bring my hand up to my head, to find it stained with blood. It must have cracked open when Riddle stunned me earlier.

"Haylee, how nice of you to join us once again," Tom's smooth voice appears as he walks to my side.

"What have you done to Ginny and Asher?" I ask him. "If you hurt them, I swear to go-"

"They're not dead, not yet anyway," he says, his smooth, calm tone never cracking.

"You bastard," I snap angrily. "You pathetic, twisted son of a bitch."

I know I've gone too far by the look on his face, and I instantly regret my words.

"Crucio!" He yells, pointing his wand at me.

Suddenly, I'm struck by an intense, stabbing pain, that makes me scream loudy. It's unbearable.

"Crucio!"

I scream again as I writher helplessly on the ground, my entire body engulfed in excruciating, never ending pain.

"You will show me respect, girl," he says, his voice dropping with venom.

"I'm sorry," I whimper, breathing heavily and unevenly. "P-please don't do it again,"

He opens his mouth to respond, but he's cut off by the sound of echoing footsteps, meaning that somebody has finally found us.

Without another word, Riddle disappears, leaving me to wait for the new arrival.

Through m slightly blurry vision, I catch sight of a boy with raven black, messy hair and black robes.

Harry. Harry is here, and that means Riddle's plan has worked.

"Haylee!" I hear him mutter, before he sprints to my side. "You're alive! Thank God, you're alive!"

He helps me into a sitting position and I stumble on my words;

"H-harry we have to go," I stutter. "T-t-t -"

"Ginny! Asher!" Harry then mumbles, going to them and attempting to wake them up.

"H-Harry you d-don't understand! We need t-to leave!"

"They can't be dead!" Harry exclaims, ignoring me and flinging his wand aside.

"Harry-"

"They won't wake," a soft voice appears, making me squeal.

Harry jumps and turns around, while I try desperately to move away.

"Tom - Tom Riddle?" Harry asks, looking at Riddle with curious eyes.
"Harry, please - I begin, but he ignores me as Riddle nods.

"What d'you mean they won't wake?" Harry asks. "They're not - they're not -?"

"They're still alive," Riddle says. "But only just."

"Are you a ghost?" Harry then questions uncertainly.
"A memory," Riddle says quietly. "Preserved in a diary for fifty years." He finishes, pointing to the black diary we found in the bathroom.