4. Lockhart and Lucius *

"You talk like you're famous, you're shameless" 

~ Shameless, All Time Low

"Ladies and gentleman, Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart." a man announces, sending the large crowd in Florish and Blotts into a loud applause.

"Ah! There he is!" I hear Ginny exclaim, as a pompous looking wizard with light blue robes appears.

"Mum fancies him." Ron tells us, making Mrs Weasley slap his arm.

"Make way there, please. Let me by, madam. Thank you," a photographer pushes past us. "Excuse me, little girl. This is for the Daily Prophet."

The blonde wizard - Lockhart - smiles graciously as the camera flashes.

His smile fades slightly as he catches sight of something, or someone in the crowd.

"It can't be." he breaths out. "Haylee and Harry Potter?"

Really?

Everyone turns to look at us and I look down at my feet.

"Haylee and Harry Potter!" The photographer exclaims, grabbing Harry and I and forcing us forwards Lockhart.

Lockhart then grabs us and pulls us forcefully to his side, putting his arm around us both.

"Nice big smiles, you two. All together, we'll make the front page." Lockhart says, pulling us closer to him.

I try to pull away, put he forces me back, just in time for the camera flash.

"Ladies and gentleman..." Lockhart begins, "...what an extraordinary moment this is. When young Harry and Haylee stepped into Florish and Blotts this morning to purchase my autobiography, Magical Me..."

I have to stop myself from scoffing.
Could this man be anymore full of himself?

"...which, incidentally, is currently celebrating its 27th week atop the Daily Prophet bestseller list. They had no idea that they would in fact, be leaving with my entire collected works...free of charge." Lockhart shoves a stack of books into Harry's hands and the photographer takes another picture.

Everyone claps again as we push or way back to Hermione and the Weasleys.

"Harry, now you give me those, and I'll get them signed." Mrs Weasley says excitedly. "All of you wait outside."

I push my way through the crowds - everyone following me - cursing Lockhart under my breath.

But I'm ripped away from those thoughts as yet famillar. voice appears.

"I'll bet you loved that, didn't you, Potters?"

I look up to see Draco Malfoy approaching us.

"Oh, look, it's the bleach blonde Slytherin git." I exclaim.

No one except Fred and George acknowledges my comment.

"Famous Harry and Haylee Potter. Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page." Malfoy spits.

"Leave them alone." Ginny says, sending Malfoy a look that could kill.

"Oh look, Potter, you've got yourself a girlfriend." Malfoy taunts, with a smirk on his face.

Suddenly, a heavy hand is placed on Malfoy's shoulder, and we all look up to see a man with long blonde hair, dressed in all black.

"Now, now, Draco, play nicely." He says slowly, before turning to us.

This must be his father.

"Mr. and Miss Potter." He greets. "Lucius Malfoy. We meet at last."

He shakes Harry's hand, and then mine. But instead of shaking mine, he pulls me forward and pushes the hair away from my scar.

"Forgive me. Your scars are legend. As, of course, is the wizard who gave them to you." He says, somewhat darkly.

"Voldemort killed our parents." I say, pulling away from him.
"He's nothing more than a murderer." Harry adds.

"You must be very brave to mention his name." Lucius says, glaring at us. "Or very foolish."

"Fear of a name only increases fear of a thing himself." Hermione speaks up.

"And you must be Miss Granger." Lucius turns to her. "Yes, Draco has told me all about you. And your parents. Muggles, aren't they?"

Hermione doesn't say a word, instead she just gives him a stoney stare.

He then turns to face Ron and his siblings.

"Let me see. Red hair, vacant expressions..." he pauses, and reaches for a secondhand textbook in Ginny's bag. "...tatty, secondhand book. You must be the Weasleys."

I open my mouth to insult him, but I'm cut off by Mr Weasley.

"Children, it's mad in here. Let's go outside." He says, trying to ignore Lucius' presence.

"Well, well, well. Weasley senior."
"Lucius." Mr Weasley says briskly.

"Busy time at the Ministry, Arthur, all those extra raids? I do hope they're paying you overtime, but judging by the state of this, I'd say not." He mocks, placing the textbook back in Ginny's bag.

"At least they understand that money isn't everything." I snap, unable to stop myself.

Lucius looks down and glares at me, while Percy puts his hand on my shoulder defensively.

"What's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?" Lucius smirks slightly.

"We have a very different idea about what disgraces the name of wizard, Malfoy." Mr. Weasley retorts.

"Clearly. Lucius replies coldly. "Associating with Muggles. And I thought your family could sink no lower."

Percy's grip on my shoulder tightens and I can practically feel the anger radiating off Ron.

"See you at work." Lucius mutters, before turning to walk away.

"See you at school." Malfoy says quietly, before going after his father.

And I thought Draco was bad....

"Are you okay?" I ask Hermione quietly, after the Malfoy's are long gone.
"I'm fine." She replies simply.

"That was quite a comeback, by the way." I add. "What was it? Something about 'fear of a name'. Where'd that come from?"

"I heard Dumbledore say it once, it just seemed fitting." She smiles slightly.

"Lockhart and Lucius...pathetic." I scoff.

_________________________________________

Sorry for any typos

Please remember to vote/comment/follow :)

*this chapter has been edited*