14. Digging Your Own Grave *

"Look who's digging their own grave, that is what they all say" ~ Icarus, Bastille

"Again?" Hermione questions, as the five of us sit in the girls bathroom, brewing Polyjuice Potion.

"You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Tay asks, following our recount of the events in the Hospital Wing.

"Of course," Ron says, "don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. Now he's taught Draco how to do it."

"Maybe." I say half heartedly.

I still don't think that Malfoy would do this. Sure, he's a pretty horrible person, but I don't believe that he'd be capable of this.

"We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." Hermione says, adding an ingredient to her steaming cauldron.

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight...in the middle of the girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Ron questions.

"No," I chuckle slightly. "No one ever comes in here."

"Why?" Tay asks us.

"Moaning Myrtle." Mione and I reply in unison, sharing a knowing glance.

"Who?"
"Moaning Myrtle." I repeat, as the ghost of Moaning Myrtle appears behind Ron.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?"
"I'm Moaning Myrtle." She snaps, making Ron jump and curse.

Myrtle flies to the centre of the bathroom dramatically and continues;

"I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping Moaning Myrtle?" She complains sadly, before screaming and diving down a toilet.

"She's a little sensitive." Hermione comments, making me laugh quietly.

*~*

"Do you really think that Draco is behind all this?" Tay asks Mione and I quietly, making sure no one else in our dormitory can hear us.

I shake my head and frown slightly.
"As much as he hates Muggleborns, I don't think he's capable of something like this." I reply.

"We still have to question him about it." Hermione whispers. "Just as a precaution."

"He's not too bad, you know." Tay says absent-mindedly. "Draco, I mean."

"Yeah, and Snape was madly in love with my mum." I scoff, shaking my head. "Both scenarios are impossible, Tay."

"I've been speaking to him in between classes, Haylee, and he's actually quite nice. I think you guys have the wrong idea about him." Tay pipes up.

"It's because you're a Pureblood." Hermione tells her. "If you were anything less he wouldn't be kind to you."

Tay nods her head weakly, looking down at my bed sheets.

"Jesus, you don't fancy him, do you?" I exclaim, making her cheeks redden.

"What - no way, what are you even on about?" She squeaks nervously, which is practically a confession.

"It's up to you in the end, Tay, but he's just not a good guy." I say quietly.

"I like him a lot." Tay mutters, nervously brushing a strand of hair away from her face.

With that, she gets up, goes to her bed and buries herself under the covers.

"She's digging her own grave, Mione." I whisper.

____________________________________________

So this is a really shot chapter 😁 sorry
But the whole thing about Tay liking Draco is important, so keep that in mind.

Some of you may have noticed, but I've changed Haylee's wand in the first book. Originally, her wand was hazel with Phoenix feathers. Now, the handle is Holly, the body walnut and the core is still Phoenix feather.

I changed it because I've been reading some stuff about wands and what the wood type and stuff mean. It said that the the handle and body wood on the wand could be different, and that the handle represented the owners heart and the body represented the owners appearance.

Holly is good for Defensive spells and is drawn to people with important quests, and walnut is described as strong and beautiful, which is how I think of Haylee :)

Please, please comment your opinions and stuff! It honestly makes me so happy to see your comments, even if it's just a few words :)

Also, as some of you may know, at the beginning of this book I talked about posting a new Harry Potter fanfic. I've kinda changed my mind, and I think I'm going to post a Hobbit fanfic instead.

It's titled Renegade, and if everything goes to plan, there will be two or three books :)

ALSO, PHILIOSOPHER'S STONE IS ON 3K READS! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH X

See you guys soon :))