Ep. 5: The Resistance

Han: Previously on Force Awakens...

Nix walks over and hands Rey a blaster pistol as she stands at looks at the castle.

Nix: You might need this.

Rey: I think I can handle myself.

Nix: I know you do. That's why I'm giving it to you. Take it.

Rey picks it up and grips it.

Nix: You know how to use one of these?

Rey: Yeah, you pull the trigger.

Nix: There's a little bit more to it than that. You got a lot to learn.

She chuckles before turning face to face with the Skywalker who just smirked at her.

Rey: Why didn't you tell us you were a Jedi. Or a Skywalker at that matter?

Nix: Rey. There are some things that are left unsaid.

Han then walks over to the two clearing his throat interrupting whatever was going on.

Han: I've been thinkin' about bringing on some more crew, Rey. A second mate. Someone to help out. Someone who can keep up with Chewie and me, appreciates the Falcon.

Rey: Are you offering me a job?

Han: I wouldn't be nice to you. It doesn't pay much.

Rey: You're offering me a job.

Han: I'm thinking about it.

Rey wants to say yes. But something stops her. A line she can't cross.

Han: Well?

Rey's If you were, I'd be flattered. But I have to get home.

Han heads off followed by Nix. Pan to Rey. As it cuts to Han walking them to the castle.

Finn: Solo, why are we here again?

Han: To get your droid on a clean ship.

Rey: Clean?

Han: Do you think it was luck that Chewie and I found the Falcon? If we can find it on our scanners, the First Order's not far behind. Want to get BB-8 to the Resistance? Maz Kanata is our best bet.

Finn: We can trust her, right?

Han: Relax, kid. She's run this watering hole for a thousand years.

The door opens. Music. Madness. And... We water the loud, crowded mess of a hall pushing past a room full of rough and odd aliens and humans, who gamble, drink, scheme, negotiate, argue until we end up on the back of a tiny, thousand year-old, four foot tall alien, who suddenly starts, as if sensing something. The Alien turns forwards: she is female, wearing large adjustable goggles. This is Maz Kanata.

Maz: Han Solo!

Everyone turns to look. It's all quiet in here.

Han: Oh boy. Hey, Maz!

They do passing the enormous Grummgar, who sits with vixen Bazine Netal, who watches them suspiciously. A small droid (GA-97), who turns its head to see BB-8 following Nix and Rey across the room. GA-97, now animated, makes a small transmitting sound, which is subtitled.